Wicked Game

"He's been sitting there since 10 O'clock, so he's probably leaving soon." She said reassuringly, while looking up at me from the clean counter, still not noticing my deer-in-headlights like expression. "I'll bring you your cappuccino when Olavi is finished making it".

"Sure..." I squeaked, as I picked up my plate with a shaky hand.

In a matter of seconds a million questions ran through my head. Why is he sitting there? Did he know I would come here today? Had he been waiting for me? No, it's most likely just a coincidence. Should I go talk to him, and get my flirt on? I had rehearsed it in my mind, maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I envisioned?

Crap! I could feel my brain short-circuit again, and I lost control of my feet. They were moving towards him in slow strides, completely on their own, while the rest of my body was immobilized I looked up from them, and towards him, he really was beautiful... So hypnotizing... It was all happening in slow motion. Oh no, his gaze was lifting from his book. By some immaculate miracle I regained control in the nick of time, and quickly steered towards the closest empty seat.

It was about two tables away from him, and actually when I thought about it, it was the same table he had been sitting at yesterday.

'How the tables have turned', I thought to myself, and snorted. My eyes widened as I stared down at my sandwich on the table. I really hope he didn't hear that. I could see out of my peripheral vision that he was intently watching me. Shit, if he didn't hear it, he definitely saw it. Smooth. I could have slapped myself, but the little cherub on my shoulder beat me to it.

After what felt like forever, Venla thankfully yanked me my thoughts, again, when she sat my steaming hot cappuccino in front of me. The warm and familiar caffeinated aroma, calmed me for a second. She bent down towards me to level with my eyes. Her back was to him, shielding him from my gaze.

"I think you got an admirer." She winked with a glimmer in her young eyes. What she didn't know, was that I was already painfully aware of that fact. I must have had a blank expression on my face, because she moved her eyes, motioning in a hinting manner behind her.

I didn't know what to say, so I just gave her an emotionless laugh, which ended up catching in my throat making it sound more like a hiccup than a laugh. She placed her hand on my shoulder as she walked off, giving it a little squeeze.

I placed my earbuds back in my ears, and put on some 69 Eyes, looking back down at my sandwich. I tried to ignore the feeling of his piercing eyes on me. It felt like he was watching me, but it could just be my paranoia playing tricks on me. My curiosity got the better of me, and I inconspicuously directed my pupils up, to look at him though my thick mascara covered lashes. I couldn't tell if I was relieved, or disappointed, to realize that he was vigorously reading in his book, and not me. Or maybe, just maybe, he wanted me to think that... or maybe I'm just flattering myself.

However, it did give me a window to chow down my sandwich, without eyes on me, or at least not his eyes anyway, and right on cue my stomach growled again. I finished my sandwich quickly; not only because I was ravenous, but also out of fear that he would catch a glimpse of me eating in a very unladylike manner... it could imagine that it didn't exactly looked appealing, but rather appalling. With my blood sugar back at a reasonable level, I did feel more relaxed and at ease. I shrugged of my leather jacket, and hung it over the back of my chair.

I took out my sketch pad, and I reminded myself it was one of the reasons why I came – to draw of course, not to look for Mr. Yummy. Or so I told myself.

I couldn't help myself. My pencil began moving over the paper with skilled strokes, and he suddenly began to appear. I stole several glances his way and, and to my relief, he didn't seem to notice. He wasn't wearing a beanie today, and I took in how his delicate brown curls framed his face, softening the arch of his high cheekbones. He was still looking down at his book, so I couldn't capture those alluring eyes of his properly. I admired the soft curve of pink his lips again, and how he every once in a while would softly lick over his bottom lip. A shiver ran down my spine.