Chapter Twelve

We walked out of my apartment into the bright lights of the big city. We walked down the avenue, strolling through Times Square and turning on a corner where we found a big hotel. He walked me in, and the little bimbo at the check in counter practically threw herself on him like it was her hobby. “Uh, excuse me!” I said angrily. “Oh. What are you?” she replied snottily, eyeing me up and down while chewing gum like a cow while she spoke, ew. “HIS girlfriend!” I responded. “Listen baby, let’s go to a different hotel…” Harry said, walking me out of there before something went down with the bimbo. We ended up at another hotel where we were treated with respect and treated to the honeymoon suite - even though we weren’t on our honeymoon. We ordered room service and cuddled together watching a movie. I wore his T-shirt that he’d worn to the concert with my bra and panties, and he wore only his boxers, and much to both of our dismay, we weren’t certain if we wanted to take things to the next level yet… especially considering our rollercoaster relationship so far. The last thing I needed was to get pregnant, and I was only seventeen… Harry was eighteen. Maybe I’m too young for love, but I hope that he’s the one. The night was ideal and really enjoyable. We enjoyed each other’s company while we could, because in the blink of an eye I knew he’d disappear from my life again, leaving me stuck in my castle waiting for my prince to come and save me.

“Wake up beautiful!” Harry said, both of us under a light blanket, he was on all fours above me grinning from ear to ear. “Five more minutes Haz…” I whined. He grabbed me up and dragged me out of bed, and I fell to the floor with a THUD. “HARRY! HARRY! HARRY!” I heard screaming. Dammit. Fans knew we were here… how were we supposed to get out of the hotel? I‘m sure there were tons of paparazzi outside the hotel, or worse - inside. “We’ll figure something out…” he said, knowing exactly what I was thinking. We ended up having room service come up to “deliver” but instead we hid on the service cart, sneaking out that way. We escaped through the back entrance, walking quickly down the street to find a tiny shop where we could purchase new clothes. I ended up with a pretty dress and flats, and he wore a black Ralph Lauren sweater and a pair of jeans that fitted him well. He looked adorable, and he made it known to me that I did too. We threw our clothes into my tote, and Harry placed his blazer from last night over my shoulders to keep me warm. It was a bleak December afternoon, practically seventy degrees out. We were chilly, but our warmth against each other kept out most of the chill. Before we knew it the paparazzi surrounded us, and I guess I was a natural, because everybody insisted on taking our pictures together. We took pictured kissing, smiling, holding hands and doing interviews. Harry was a bit upset, but I didn’t mind. This was a part of dating him and I accepted that. We got questions such as: Are you getting married? How long have you been dating? Is it true you’re engaged? How does it feel dating Louis’ sister? Any babies on the way? How are your fans reacting to you being taken? It was wicked weird, this happening. Nothing I’d ever expected to happen, I mean, just a year ago I was in the hospital going through chemo, and I was a poor orphan with nobody. Now I’m dating a famous, gorgeous musician with a huge heart, and I was blessed with a family, and the beginning of fame! It was amazing, this entire journey has been.

Harry and I spent the rest of our time together dining, and with him spoiling me. After he’d signed what seemed like two hundred autographs to random strangers, and got mauled, he was absolutely pooped. He took me up to my apartment, not allowing me to carry any bags, and came in with me to spend the night with me again since he was leaving me in the morning. Jailyne was visiting her mother who was ill, and Harry and I had the entire apartment to ourselves. He hummed softly to me, cradling me in his arms while I questioned everything about our future. He promised me we’d spend Christmas together with the boys, and all of the families would be over so I could meet his mum and sister. He promised me that he’d call every night, and he proved it by pulling out a white iPhone 4s for me. “No tampering” he smiled, and got lost in my hair. I kept having doubts about everything, and I shouldn’t have. Harry fell asleep before I did, and I was too afraid of what the future might hold for me and this amazing guy laying beside me. I wish I could predict the future, and I wish that love was like traffic lights so I would know whether or not I should keep going, slow down with Harry, or stop to avoid a heart accident. Doubting Harry made me feel terrible, but I ended up crying myself to sleep anyways. I was an emotional wreck in the morning when he woke me up to kiss me goodbye and tell me he loves me. How could he just walk out of my life after saying “I love you.” I knew he had to… but still. I just wanted stability, and this wasn’t stable.