The Choice

CHAPTER 5

  THE CHOICE

 TOBIAS'S POV.

                                 The girl was beautiful. The prettiest girl I had ever seen. I stared at her for the longest time.

   Marcus thunked my neck and I bumped back into reality. I put the food on the table and sat down by Gem and Marcus, but the girl was sitting across from me.

  "How have you all been Andrew?" Marcus asked.

  "We are well. How are you and your family?" The man, Andrew, asked. 

   His daughter, Beatrice, was looking at me for an answer. I looked at Gem then back at Beatrice.

  "We are good, sir," I quickly replied. Marcus looked at me with surprise in his eyes, but that quickly turned into a glare. Gem also had a surprised look on her face. Although, Beatrice was smiling at me.

   The rest of dinner went quick. The Prior's left and I cleaned the dishes. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I sat down at my bed and looked out the window. Marcus walked in and I already knew what was to come. He pulled out his belt, pulled up my shirt, and striked at my back over and over again.

                    * The Next Afternoon *

    Marcus, Gem, and I walked into a large room with seats everywhere.  We all walked towards our faction, Abnegation, seating and sat down.

    The other names went by quick till my name was called. " Tobias Eaton, " An Erudite woman called. 

  I walked up to the table. It was stone with the 5 white, glass, faction bowls sitting there. Dauntless, the brave, Abnegation, the selfless, Erudite,  the smart, Candor, the honest, and Amity, the kind.

I picked up the small knife and sliced my hand open. I pulled my hand over a bowl and let a drop of blood fall in. The woman spoke the name of the faction, and all the Dauntless cheered.

A/N: Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've been busy and my phone broke. I tried to write twice, but I accidentally deleted it. Ahhh!!!! Has anyone got the new FOUR book yet? Anyways sorry it isn't very good. I am a very busy person, so sorry if I don't have tons of time to edit and do all of that stuff. If you have any ideas or anything please comment them. Please vote,  comment, share, etc.  Only if you really like it. :) Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: I do not own the plot or any character other than Gem. That all belongs to the amazing Veronica Roth!