Chapter 7.

A New Life
Gems POV:

        "DAUNTLESS." Father says. I avoid looking at him as I hear the Dauntless cheer. I walk over and zone out until they finish calling names. All of the Dauntless jump up and run to the trains. I quickly follow.

   People start to jump on and I run behind them. I quickly grab a handle and jump on just in time. "Beatrice?" I look over.

  "Hi Jamie." She says and smiles.

   A girl walks toward us.  "Hey, I'm Christina. Just so you know, they're jumping off the trains." Before anyone can say anything I run and jump off. There is no way I'm becoming factionless. Everything turns into slow motion as I fly through the air. Then, I hit the ground.

   I get up and walk toward a group of people. A woman walks over by a ledge. "Welcome to Dauntless. Now you have one last test. You have to jump off this ledge. Who will go first? Initiates we give you the pleasure of going first."

   "I will." A girl says. I look over and see Beatrice. My eyes widen as she climbs on to the stone ledge. Suddenly she jumps. Something then tells me to jump. I walk after her and do the same. I don't talk. I just jump.

      I land onto a giant net. A girl helps me down and off the net. I hear Beatrice change her name to Tris.

    "What's your name?" The girl asks.

    "Uhh.. Gem. Yea.. Gem."

    "SECOND JUMPER. GEM!" Everyone shouted. I stood by everyone and waited. You could hear the net sling down after each person jumped.

     Soon enough they were all down. "Initiates follow me. If you are Dauntless born follow her." He says as he points at the girl. " I am Four. "

        "What was 1 - 3 taken?" Christina says.  I laugh at that. Four glares at her and begins to show us around.

                                Dinner

   I sit down beside an Erudite boy named Will. I look up at Four sitting in front of me. I suddenly notice something. This isn't Four at all, it's Tobias.

   Dinner goes fast. I look for Tobias, but he disappears. I run through a hall made of stone and spot him with a girl. I remember her from earlier. The Initiate Leader, Hazel.

   Hazel walks up to him and grabs his hands. She looks at him and pecks his lips. At that moment I realise Tobias really has forgotten all about us. 

     A/N: How was it? Sorry it isn't that good! Please comment what you think! Please vote and share! Thanks! I hope you like it! If you like Percy Jackson check out my other story... Forever! :)

   Disclaimer: I don't own any of the character other than Gem and Hazel. I don't own the plot! That is all owned by amazing Veronica Roth!!! :)