Chapter 6

Tobias’s POV:

I ran with the Dauntless towards the trains and up the stairs quickly. Luckily, I can run pretty quickly so I caught up.

I feel so much regret right now. Why didn’t I chose Abnegation how could I leave Gem with that bastard? I don’t know if I chose right or wrong. Live in Abnegation forever in pain, or leave to Dauntless without my sister who could be left in pain.

We run quicker and quicker till they start jumping on the trains. I run up and jump onto the steel train with them. I trip at the end, my knee ramming into the steel.

I get up and there are two kids still running. I see a girl from Amity try to grab a boy’s arm. The boy trips and falls to the ground, but the other girl keeps running.

"Help me up, please!" The girl screams.

I run over and grab her arm helping her up.

“Thank you so much,” She speaks quickly. “I’m Hazel from Erudite." She speaks in a soft tone.

    ~ 2 YEARS LATER ~

Gem’s POV:

I look out the window as the Abnegation all walk past my house. I spot the Prior’s and wait for my father to come.

It’s been two years since I’ve seen my brother and today I may be able to. Though only if he is at the choosing ceremony.

Unless, I choose Dauntless. I still have completely no idea which faction I am going to choose. Caleb says I should choose Erudite, I want to see my brother in Dauntless, but I don’t know if I want to really lose my father. My aptitude was all three, so now, of course, my mind is blank.

Caleb Prior and I have been secretly dating for exactly a year. Though the Abnegation don’t kiss or do much touching we’ve seen the Dauntless do so. Now, I see why. I am in love with him and he loves me, but I don’t know if Erudite is the fit for me.

Marcus walks down the stairs. “Time to go, Gem.“ Marcus smiles.

He has been very nice since Tobias left. It worries me, though I am a bit relieved. If he sees Tobias again, I will be worried.

We walk out and I run to catch up by Beatrice and Caleb. We shouldn’t run, but I don’t really think it matters. Caleb smiles at me as I walk up beside him.

“Gem, remember, choose what you want, not want I want. I want you to be happy with your choice, we will find a way to see each other. I promise.“ Caleb whispered into my ear.

I nodded at him as we walked in and took our seats. My father went out on the stage. He explained everything and began calling names. I zone out until they call his name.

“Caleb Prior.“ My father, Marcus, calls.

Caleb walks up the steps and cuts his hand. He drops the blood into a bowl. “Erudite.“ Marcus speaks loudly. Gasps come from the Abnegation. Caleb walks over to the Erudite.

“Beatrice Prior.“ Marcus speaks. She walks up to the table and stands by the 5 glass bowls. She cuts her hand and looks between two bowls, then drops blood into a bowl. “Dauntless.“ My father says. Beatrice looks at her parents then walks towards the Dauntless.

“Jamie Eaton.“ My father eventually shouts to the crowd of factions. I walk up to the white stone table. I look at the large glass bowls. I look at the Erudite, Abnegation, and the Dauntless bowl.

I grab the knife, cut a slice in my hand, and drop my blood into a bowl.