Chapter 1

Pic above is Ava

_PotatoPanda

Alex's Pov

I stood outside the back door of the packhouse and took in a deep breath of fresh air, the night air was cool and felt good on my hot skin. I just stood there and let my mind wander, here I am the next in line to be alpha and I still haven't found my mate. I'm 21 turning 22 in October, (October, 31st to be exact) and as a Shifter, you're expected to find your mate around the time of your first shift, which is 16 or 17 for some. I should have found my mate 5 years ago, but I didn't and still, haven't, it's frustrating because as the next alpha I need my mate at my side. Now my parents are getting just as frustrated as I am, they've been trying to help by inviting other packs over in the hopes that my mate might be one of their members but sadly there's still no luck. "Hey whatcha doing out here by your self sis?" my younger sister Ava asked walking out to stand by me, Ava had just gone through her first shift a few weeks ago and everyone was expecting her to find her mate anytime, especially with school starting back up on Monday, with this being Friday. I looked at my sister with her dark brown, almost black hair, and light blue eyes, she stood at 5'6 and looked like a model. I gave her a soft smile, "I'm just thinking is all Lin," I responded she gave me a look and a gentle push, "Hey you know you can talk to me right, I already know what's bothering you, so it's just better if you tell me." She said sending me an understanding smile and then a smirk. Next thing I know I'm being shoved to the ground, and she's running off laughing like a madwoman, yelling out "Come and get me Rin!" I quickly got to my feet and took off after her, shifting in the process. Ava and I were closer than any of my other siblings, we were each other's best friends, I had her back ANY time she needed me and she had mine. I had two younger fraternal twin brothers who were 18 and could be assholes at any given time but ALWAYS looked out for our younger sisters, Ava, Mia, Kya, and Sage. Blake and Owen had been keeping an eye on the girls while I had been gone for college, and I know they wanted to kill a few guys at their school for even looking at them, the only one they didn't have to worry too much about was Sage, she was only 12 and was far more concerned with school and books than boys or girls. Kya and Mia no doubt were the worst of them, they were 14, identical twins, and now freshman in high school and could not stop talking about how hot the guys there were, of course, Blake and Owen made if VERY clear that if any of them messed with their little sisters they would end up dead and their bodies never found. Ava was 16 had made it clear she could take care of herself, and we all knew she could, she was a lesbian and had come out after her shift everyone had kinda already figured it out, she didn't really make an effort to hide it and the girls that would sneak out of the house in the morning during this summer didn't help her either. Our family had more gays, lesbians, and bisexuals in it than straight people, and considering we had two moms we didn't mind having a couple of lesbian, or bi sisters. I was a lesbian like Ava and everyone knew it, I made no effort to hide it and I was a major player in high school and college, I think it was due to the fact that I hadn't found my mate (and still haven't), unlike Ava I've got something that makes me unique, you see I'm intersex or a hermaphrodite what that means is I've got both male and female genitalia, in simpler terms I have a long thick 12 inch cock and a perfectly functional vagina. I've gone for quite a few tests and found out that I'm VERY fertile and need to be careful when having sex, I usually double wrap and that works. Even though I'm sexually active it's not the same as having sex with your mate, when you and your mate have sex for the first time there are no words for it, it's all feelings I've asked my parents and other mated couples about it and they all give me the same response "When you experience it for yourself you'll understand", I'm getting tired of waiting for my mate though and it's making me and my wolf on edge, sex with random women isn't helping anymore and that's not a good thing for anyone. I'm a dominant alpha wolf and my wolf and I make it well known, when I give an order everyone does as told, the only ones who can order me are my parents, the current Alpha, and Luna of the pack. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and suddenly Ava was on top of me, "Hey where the hell did you go, you were so out of it you didn't even notice me, are you sick or something?" Ava asked through the pack mind link, "I'm fine Lin, now get off of me before I send you into a tree" I responded getting ready to kick her off of me. She jumped off of me and nuzzled my side before laying down on the ground next to me, "Hey Rin, do you think I'll find my mate on Monday, I know that Blake and Owen found their mates after their first shift but you still don't have yours, and mom didn't find mama till she was 20 and most of the other women in our family that have female mates took longer than normal to find them. What if it's just a lesbian shifter curse?" She asked with a sad look on her face, I felt for her I knew how she felt but I doubt it's a curse, "No Lin I don't think it's a curse, I think it just takes more time for us to find our mates cause there's not as many lesbian or bi girls or women in the world as you think, and the moon goddess has a harder time finding the right ones for us, and bringing them to us. I think that you should just live your life and focus on school and let the pieces fall where they may." I laid down next to her and just took in the calming scent of my sister, I had a feeling that come Monday things were going to change for the both of us.