Chapter 2

Emily's Pov

I awoke to the sound of my annoying alarm clock going off, I was NOT ready for today at all, I wasn't looking forward to being the new girl and getting asked all of those annoying questions. I just wanted to get through this day and move on to the next, "Honey come down for breakfast, then you can shower and I'll take you to school okay" my mom yelled from downstairs. I love my mom, she's my support since my dad kicked me out for being bisexual and catching me with one of my best friends making out on the couch in the living room. He had been a great dad until my brother came out as gay and told us he was getting married to his best friend from college, dad had been furious and he threatened Max telling him if he didn't leave his house he'd kill him or worse. Needless to say, it only got worse from there for me, mom and dad had gotten a divorce when I had been 2, and Max had been 8 and dad had somehow managed to get custody of us both. After Max's big announcement I had to play it safe, and keep my head down around dad, and one night he came home drunk and beat me for no reason at all, I had ended up in the hospital with scars on my body from his belt buckle. Mom had found out and rushed to get full custody from my dad, and after the court found out what he did they gave mom full custody. Now here we are, mom and I moved back to her home town and I found out a little bit about my heritage, turns out I'm a witch and not the Wiccan kind, more like the Harry Potter kind only no wands required. Although there are Wiccan witches mom says there are some that are even stronger than us, but anyways back to my life. I walk downstairs and am greeted by the smell of bacon, eggs, and pancakes Yumm, I'm pretty much already drooling at the sight before me. My mom just laughs at the look on my face, "Well come on then dig in, then go and get ready for school, and don't give me that look trust me you're going to like this school this town is a sort of sacred place for supernatural creatures, although shifters and werewolves are the most dominant presence here you can find a few other kinds here, which means that you won't be the only witch in the school, and undoubtedly not the only homosexual or bisexual, so cheer up okay honey" My mom stated all of this while getting up and giving me a quick kiss on the head. Growing up most people said I looked like my mom, we both had long auburn colored hair and deep forest green eyes, I was about 5'6 and had a very curvy but slim body, I was often hit on by both males and females anytime I went out and who could blame then I mean I am sexy as fuck, (if I do say so myself). I give mom a wide smile and proceeded to stuff my face with food, she just laughed at me and went to get her stuff ready for work. After I finished stuffing myself like a pig I went back up to my room and picked out my outfit for the day, I decided to go with a Skillet shirt and a beanie that said "Unleashed" on it, with black jeans and black sneakers, I then hopped into the shower and took care of my daily routine. When I was done and ready to go I made my way down to the living room where mom was waiting, "Okay are you ready Emily, you have everything you need?" she asked me, I then did my mental check, phone check, wallet check, headphones check, backpack full of stuff I'll need today check, "Yep I'm all good are you?" I asked making my way out to the car watching my mom do the same thing I just did, and then give me a smile and a nod, "Onward to obtain more knowledge!" Mom yelled while running to the driver's side of the car. I just laughed, sometimes she makes me wonder who's the child here.

At School

"Ugggg, why do I even need to go, I'm already way ahead of whatever they're teaching here, so what's the point?" I asked my mom as we reached the parking lot of the school, oh mom's a teacher here so that's going to make things even more of a challenge when it comes to making "Friends" and trying to avoid personal questions. "Oh Em come on you know it's not that bad, and yes you need to go you need to interact with people your own age and make connections, you've spent your whole life being "normal", but now you've found out you're not and you need to try and make some friends who can help you in ways that we both know I can't." My mom gave me a soft smile and kissed my forehead, "Just try honey, please, if you need me you'll know where to find me, I love you, Emily." With that she got out of the car and made her way into the school, Welp this is going to be a hellish day may as well get it over with, with that thought I locked the car doors and followed my mom into the school.

Right so I'm new to this, please don't stake me for any errors there may be. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I'll hopefully be putting out more of them today I'm in a good writing mood.

Thank You for reading,

_PotatoPanda_

Updated 11/4/2019