Six

(2013)

There were a lot of people in the Noise Basement club for BIGBANG's after party, wrapping up their Alive Tour. In fact, there are so many beautiful and sexy ladies dancing and drinking all over the place. But among the sea of crowded people dancing vigorously to the techno music, TOP only had his gaze fixed on a particular lady at the dance floor below him. Actually, it happens every time. Even in a huge crowd, his eyes will always find her. He leaned on the railing as he watched GD introduce his girlfriend to her. He wished he didn't do that because the lady was no other than Sandara Park. He studied her expression... her eyes lit up as she saw them and she was smiling brightly as they engaged in a conversation.

Fuck. Why is she smiling?

It was like she's really happy for the two as she talked to them cheerfully. She can smile and laugh; she can act like everyone else. But he knew better. She's in excruciating emotional pain. Seeing someone you love with someone else is like torture. What more if you have to act perfectly fine when you're right in front of them? However, in front of the couple, there was no hint of pain in her smile at all. She painted a ray of sunshine all over her face. She's indeed a good actress.

And he hates it. He hates it when she acts that way. Pretending to be happy like there's nothing wrong. He doesn't want her to be that way. Why can't no one notice it?

With one last chug of the shot of liquor, he went downstairs and marched towards the three who immediately acknowledged him after sensing his presence. He can't feign ignorance anymore.

"Seunghyun!" Kiko chirped and hugged him abruptly. She was happy to see him again. The two were so close during his collaboration with GD. They would hang out during their promotions as the "GD & TOP" duo in Japan but they were not able to keep in touch afterward. "Congratulations to BIGBANG's successful Alive Tour. As expected, it couldn't get any better."

"Thanks, it's nice to see you again Kiko." TOP politely replied. He shifted his gaze from her to Dara. She looked a bit fidgety because of his arrival, making him crestfallen. Through the years, the only constant thing that kept on happening between the two of them is awkwardness. They kept on being enveloped by awkwardness, albeit they have this notion to be friendlier towards each other. "What were you three talking about here?"

Kiko momentarily glanced at Dara as she explained, "Ah, I'm trying to befriend Dara-chan. I was thinking if she could come hang out with us next week in Japan."

She faced Dara with a grin, "Will you come with us Dara-chan?"

TOP could see that Dara was taken aback at first. She wasn't able to respond instantly and chewed her inner cheeks. Perhaps, she was deliberating whether or not she should accept the invitation. He wanted her to refuse and make an excuse. But considering the kind of person she is, would she really do that?

"You should come," GD said. Just like that, the corner of her lips tugged into a smile. Yeah, she's smiling again. But that can't fool me. As he looked into her eyes, he could see that she's already breaking inside. So before she could even nod in agreement, TOP beat her to it.

"She can't," He interjected, surprising them.

"Why not?" GD asked while looking at his hyung strangely. It was quite odd for him to chime in. Besides, how would TOP know that Dara can't attend the party?

"She just can't," He reasoned out, hoping that they won't ask any further questions. Fortunately, they didn't but he caught them exchanging puzzled glances. He doesn't know if it's the alcohol kicking in that makes him feel somewhat courageous. The next thing he did was even more surprising. He held Dara's hand, ignoring the crinkle in her brows when he did so. He just wanted them to get away from GD and Kiko. He can't stand seeing her that way.