Chap 5 - Cont. part 2

Rain's POV

Complete and utter crap.

That's exactly how I felt. Was I all that she said? Was it true? Did I lead him on? Did I give him reasons to look at me and to do this? It doesn't even matter at the moment. My whole life is over. I felt my heart tear in two and heard my heart monitor speed up.

So will she continue to let him touch me and stick her head in the sand? Ignoring it all?

Will she ignore me?

Will she neglect me?

Will she treat me different?

Will she love me less?

All these questions ran through my head fuzzing my brain. I got fed up. I'm gonna leave. I'm gonna leave and I ain't never coming back. I meant it so much. I didn't realize how much truth were behind those words. I grabbed on the cords connected to me and pulled on them.

"Woah. Impatient, I see. Well lucky for you it's time to go. Where is your mother?

_______________________

* Back @ the house *

I walked into the house and saw him cocked up on the couch, smoking a cigar. My mother brushed past me literally skipping over to him just to sit on his lap. He stared at me as she bent down to puff on his cigar.

PATHETIC.

"You ain't gone tell your father good night girl?" my mother said, watching me crooked.

I cocked my head to the side and watched her side ways. I turned my head and proceeded up the stairs.

"Oh I guess she grown now." he said
They both started cracking up like the whole world was such a perfect place.

Ms.Abriel POV

He tapped my sides pushing me up gently.

"OK baby. I have to go now." I pouted holding,holding unto him like I was 16 again. "You know I have to handle some business for tomorrow baby. I promise I'd be back later. Ok?"

I nodded as he got up sliding his jacket on. Then his shoes. Then grabbed his keys.

Oh! Don't forget the suitcases. He said ,walking out the door

I plopped back unto the couch. I huffed. Lonely again.

Rain's POV

I walked into my room and saw a beautiful dress laid across my bed. I don't know if I'm being bribed but it's not working. I sat on my bed staring at the wall. My door swung open and I saw my mother standing in the doorway.

"For you." She dropped the phone on the bed and turned on her heels.

All I could think about was, "Please don't be Jen,please don't be Jen,please don't Jen"!

________________________

* Back at the Perez's home *

Jendayee's POV

And the hermit finally emerges. I said
My voice dripped with attitude. I heard her sigh on the other line.

Don't kill me Jen. I'm not ready yet.

Do you have any idea what tomorrow is? Oh, did you forget? I asked

Of course not. I just felt a bit sick today. I'm sorry I missed your calls.

Well take all the medicine you need. Sick isn't going to fly chick. Tomorrow is my big day and I need my best friend there.

Most definitely Jen. I'll be there bright and early to surprise you and burn your birthday breakfast. I promise.

I laughed. Sounds perfect. Nighty night. I hung up and sat up on my bed. I heard a noise downstairs and crept up to my door. I saw my father coming through the front door with a hand full of bags.

Forever 21, Wet Seal, River Island, Romwe, Rose Lux, Lex n Mila, GetHighWaisted, WhoCaresNYC, Living Royal, bags bags and bags.

For sure something was going on. Here I was thinking he forgot my birthday and he never did. I felt my insides tingle as I closed my door. I heard footsteps easing up the stairs as I ran in my bed to fake my sleep.

He opened the door and peeked through. I closed my eyes tight. He slowly closed the door and walked down the hall. I opened my eyes and clutched the sheets over me. I don't even think I could sleep tonight.