chapter 1

~Paris, 1879~

It all took place in the beautifully grand Opera Populaire. The best and most extravagent opera houses in France.  The stage was all set with props and the orcestra well tunned and ready to play and actors and singers and dancers according to their places.

This was the dress rehersal of Hannibal. The two best male dancers were Niall Horan, and Liam Payne. But Niall. Niall was the most beautiful and most graceful one of them all.

Louis came from the center of the stage, all glowing and sparkling in his fine costume, warming up his vocal chords as the orcestra began to play. 

"This trophy from our saviors,

From our saviors

From the enslaving force of Rome!

With feasting and dancing of song,

tonight in celebration,

we greet the victorious throng,

return to bring salvation!

the trumpets of Carthage resound!

Hear, Romans, now and tremble!

Hear the drums

Hannibal comes!

Sad to return to find the land we love

threatened once more by Roma's far-reaching grasp-"-"Gentlemen, Gentlemen!" A man from the front shouted, making everybody stop at once.

 "Rehersals, as you see, are under way, for a brand new production of Chalumeau's 'Hannibal'." He said seeing Louis' eyes roll and put his hands on his hips.

"Monsieur Simon, I am rehersing." Josh, the conductor said.

 "Monsieur Josh, Madame Karen, ladies and gentlemen, please, if I can have you attention, thank you." Monsieur Simon cleared his throat, as he saw everyone's eyes on him.

"As you know, for some weeks there have been rumors of my iminent retirement. I can now tell you that these were all true, and it is my pleasure to introduce you these two gentlemen who now own the Opera Populaire, Monsieur Nick Grimmy and Monsieur Ed Sheeran. I'm sure you've read the recent fortune in the junk business."

Nick snapped his head up to Simon and raised an eyebrow. "Scrap metal, actually," "He must be rich." Liam commented among the other dancers. "And we're deeply honored to introduce our new Patron, the Vicomte de Styles."

Liam and Niall looked around, seeing the handsome green eyed man with lucious brown curly hair came up onto the stage. "It's Harry, actually." The boy spoke, making Niall's heart jump in his chest.

 Niall's eyes filled with such amazement, nudging Liam beside him to get his attention. "Ni, didn't you know him?" Liam asked, glancing at the blonde beauty here and there. "Of course, I guess you could say we were childhood sweethearts. He called me little Nialler. He was my best friend, and I was his. Oh my, time really does fly by so quickly..." Niall sighed looking at him in dreamy gaze. Liam looks at him once more and then back at Harry. "Niall, he's so handsome! I guess time really treated him well don't you think?" Both boys silently giggled, snickering quietly about his beauty and handsome features like two young school girls.

"My parents and I are honored to support all of the arts. Especially, the world-renowned Opera Populaire." Harry boasted softly with a dimple smile. "Harry, meet Louis Tomlinson, our leading soprano for five seasons now."

Louis strutted over to him, bowing and giving him his best award winning smile. "Great to see you, Harrold." Louis smiles playfully, dusting off his coat, and walking back to where he was. "It'a Harry, actually..." Harry said with an odd look.

"And here, is Signor Ashton." Harry smiled and greeted him with a firm handshake. "An honor, Signors. I do believe I'm keeping you all from your rehersal. I will be here this evening to share your great triumph. My appologies, Monsieur." Harry gave another smile to the crowd of people in front of him and left grabbing his coat and leaving. "Once more if you please, Josh." Louis turned to Ashton, and smirked. "He loves me, he loves me." Niall on the other hand, saw as Harry walked away, and looked to Liam.

"He wouldn't have recognized me." Niall said. "He didn't see you." Liam reassures taking them both to their positions as they started rehersing. Karen took both Nick and Ed showing them the dancers. "If you please, monsieur," She said, guiding them. "We take particular pride in the excellence of our ballets, monsieur." "I see why, especially that little brunette Angel." Karen smiled happily at the two. "My son, Liam Payne." She said.

 "And that exceptional beauty, no relation I trust." Ed says, Karen nodded her head in agreement. "Niall Horan, promising talent, Monsieur Ed, very promising."

"Horan, you say? No relation to the famous Irish voilinist?" Nick said. "His only child, orphaned at seven when she came to live and trained in the ballet dormatories." She said in reply. "An orphan, you said?" Ed says. "I think of him as my son also. Gentlemen, if you eould kindly stand to one side."

Then and there, Louis had begun to once more sing his song.

"Hannibal's friends-" He started, when someone stepped on his cape, making him trip a little bit. "Oh no, not on my cape! Why?!" He growls shortly fused, but then shakes it off.

 "The trumpeting elephants sound!

hear, Romans, now and tremble!

hear the drums!

Hannibal comes!" Louis finishes, as the actors press him up, and he growled once more. "All they want is the dancing!" He remarks loudly. "Harry is very excited abouttonight's gala." Ed smiled at Nick and the cast.

 A very unhappy louis, stops forward throwing his hat to the ground and face as red as a cherry towards the two managers. "He's excited by dancing men, as your new managers, because I WILL NOT BE SINGING! Goodbye, everyone. Now it is finished!" He rages.

"What do we do?" Nick asks Ed. "grovel! grovel! grovel!"

Louis huffed folding his arms in all of the sassy diva he was. "See you later, because I am going out!" Louis says, looking at both of them starting to slowly was away. "It is finished!" He yelled.

"Prince,!" Nick pleaded, trying to convince Louis to look at him. "yes, yes!" He replied looking closely at him. "God of song!" Ed added, "Josh, isn't there a rather marvelous aria for Elisa in Act three of 'Hannibal'?" Nick asks.

"I do not have my costume for the act because somebody has not finished it!" Louis screams looking furiously at his seamstress. "I wonder, Signor, as a personal favor if you would oblige us with a private rendition. unless of course, monsieur Josh commanded?" Josh huffed and looked at the three.

"If my Diva commands?" Louis perked up, and smirked a bit. "Yes, I do!" And without hesitation, Louis bulled through the crowd of dancers and actors. "Shh, shh! Everybody quiet!" He warned. "My diva." Josh looked at Lou in confirmation. "Maestro." He nodded. When the Piano started, Louis got in position, and started to sing 'Think of Me.' 

"Think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goodbye." Louis belted, making the cleaning ladies in the front row plug their ears with cotton. "He's so horrid!" Liam snickered to Niall, who just stifled a small smile and laugh under his breath, "You can say that again." Niall commented.

After a few minutes into the first verse, a man in the figure of a dark shadow up above in the rafters of the theater stuck his shoe into the tie of the heavy screen letting it come undone, and start to fall. Landing on top of Louis.

Everyone screamed and gasped, Louis shrieked for the most part of it. "He's here, the Phantom of the Opera." Liam said, making Niall look a little frightened. From above, a white letter with a red wax skull that was sealed on the the envelope having to had caught Karen's eyes running over to it, and picking it up.

-

How did I do for my first chapter?? comment, vote, and please add it♡

-