Chapter Three

"Another mother's breakin'
Heart is takin' over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken" 

I open the door, to see Mom writing on her desk; dark bags formed under her eyes, to be honest, she looked like a druggie. But it was nice to see her again. "Mom?" I said, grabbing her attention.

"Liam!" She gasped, running over to me and giving me a huge hug. "Son... I missed you so much." 

"I missed you too, Mom," I said, tears falling down my face.

"How's the colony going?" She asked, sitting back down on her desk.

"Oh, it's doing alright," I sighed, going upstairs.

I looked inside my room, to see Nate's old shirt on my bed. Power was still available, my computer still on, opened to my Gmail. I guess mom was here.

I went to go write an email to Nate, putting my favourite song on.

To:  yourregularperson@gmail.com

From: liam.singh@gmail.com

I love you.

I am still alive.

Love, Liam.

I still loved him, I felt so guilty still dating Caden. I knew that Caden truly loved me, but I loved Nate more. I kept this suppressed love in the back of my mind for since long, when I saw the countless emails from him, all of my memories came flooding back.

About a few minutes later, Nate replied to my email.

To: liam.singh@gmail.com

From: yourregularperson@gmail.com

I love you too.

I am going to find you and rescue you.

Babe.

"Hey, Liam... What's up?" Caden asked. I panicked, closing the browser.

"Nothing..." I said.

"Come on, what were you looking at?" He opened up the browser and searched through my emails. "Well, I guess you and Nate had a thing," he finally said, after looking through for about 20 minutes. "What does he mean by 'rescuing you'?"

"I don't know. Remember when the U.S military came and tried to kill us all?" I asked.

"Oh, the tragedy of September 15th? Yeah, I remember that day." Caden replied, looking up from the computer.

"I think he's joining the military to try to find us."

"Damn, you better tell him about it!" Caden shouted.

I wrote a new email to Nate:

To: yourregularperson@gmail.com

From: liam.singh@gmail.com

Nate, listen to me.

The military wants to leave no survivors. You'll have to listen to me, when they arrive at the wherever the hell they go first, kill them, and find us.

Remember the Orchard Park Mall? That's where we settled. Currently, there are 25 700 settlers here.

Keep going, soldier. I love you. No matter what.

Liam.

I heard my mom say something, but it was muffled by the walls. She opened the door, running to the radio. "There's something important on the radio." She said.

We all shuffle into the living room and listen to the radio.

"Hello, Liam Singh. I am the leader of the skulls. If you are listening to this, I have taken Lucas Singh, Nicholas Miller, and Frisk Dreemurr hostage. If you do not follow my rules, I will release an airborne virus. You know which one. Look around you. What do you think would happen if the very virus that destroyed the country was in the air? Not good, am I right?" There was a moment of silence. "If you do want to save them, hurry up. You do not have much time. If you want to know where our base is, here's a clue: University." The radio cut to static.

"What the... Hell?" I heard Lincoln say in shock.

"Okay, they said 'University.' so that means that they have a base either in Okanagan College or the UBCO," Shaun mentioned.

"I think they would be in UBCO because they said University, not College," Caden said, putting his hands in my pockets, slouching on the wall.

"I agree with Caden," I mumbled. "But where? Where in the university?" He looked at a map on the wall, marking something on it.

"We'll have to find out..."

The radio went back to its normal programming. "DJ Nicm has been kidnapped, so I, Ben Jones will replace him for the time being. Liam, if you are listening to this... Kill them all." The song Zombie by Bad Wolves came on. It was-- is my favourite song of all time. It exactly was the perfect song of the apocalypse.

"Wait... We still got to go get the supplies." Shaun mentioned, walking out the door.

"Shit!" I yelled. "I forgot!"

All of us ran out of the complex, to see a helicopter, one of ours, flying over us. "You need assistance?" I heard Max say on my radio. "We're just heading to the hospital. Come on." The helicopter lowered on the street, we all went in the helicopter.

"Hey, thanks," I mumbled, putting my gun away, looking around.

"Well, we all thought you all died. That's why we were heading to heading there. That's when we saw you all." Max said, putting away his hunting rifle. "So, why were you here?"

I glanced at mom. "That's why."

"Oh, hey Mrs. Singh." He put his hand out for a handshake.

"Oh, call me Susan," she declined the handshake. "So, what are you doing here?"

"We're just heading to the hospital. We gotta get some supplies," Max replied. "Glad to have you on the team, Susan."

I saw the landing area. "We're here," Max said. "Time to do this."