Chapter Ten

"I'm like a loser that's betting on his last dime

Oh, I'm still alive

I'm like a son that was raised without a father

I'm like a mother barely keeping it together

Oh, I'm still alive"

*Three Days Later*

We were sitting down at the table eating our breakfast, fresh from the farm. It was nice and quaint, eating while having conversations. I began to zone out, just staring at the sky, as I ate the rest of my hash browns. I began to stare at the window, looking out at the clouds as I begin to daydream.

Nate's back in America, with his family after the mission, yet everyone else is still here. Nick and the others are still recovering after being held hostage, and there's me. I was just there, watching as everything happened.

I am shaken out of my thoughts when I see a blueish portal emerge out of nowhere. Three different people walk out, it felt so weird, as if it were a dream. They looked like Bloodrayne, Nick, and Lucas. Same hairstyles, same looks, same... everything. Assuming there are multiple universes, I see the Alternate Lucas waving at me, smiling softly.

"Psst, Bloodrayne," I tapped her shoulder. "Somethings going on. I don't know what, but I see something." I stood up from my chair and began to examine the situation a little more closely. I walked towards the portal, I see the Alternate people pressing some button, and the portal closes. 

I could see that the Alt Bloodrayne was talking at apparently nothing. I could hear her faint voice saying what I think is "Okay, -- made it into the Zombie Universe," and something else.

"Alright Blood, get the fire ready. These bitches could be evil." I drew out my pistol, signalling her to go in front of me. I took out my trusty pistol as the trio of alternate people walk towards the cafeteria. They begin to notice our defensive position and sternly looked at us, while Alt Bloodrayne gave a smile.

As we walked outside of the cafeteria doors, sirens began to blare, along the tones of an emergency broadcast came on. "Attention people of the Kelowna Colony: infected have breached the walls. Take any defensive measures to ensure your survival. Use any weapons or tools at your disposal to attack these individuals. Do not get infected."

They immediately started getting into their attack formation, the alternate Bloodrayne charging a fireball and wielding a knife in her other hand.

"Hey other Bloodrayne, catch!" I threw my old revolver at her, then she catches it perfectly, gripping onto the handle.

I immediately ran for cover, taking out my AK-47 and firing bursts of rounds at infected. The other Bloodrayne had nearly perfect sync, tackling them to the ground and decapitating, punching the brains out, etcetera, while she shot the other infected with the Python. Lucas fired his laser rifle, and Nick clawed the infected to death.

"Hey, why ain't you controlling these infected?" I yell at the True Bloodrayne.

"Can't you see I'm trying, you dumb bitch?" She yelled back.

The overall firefight had lasted for maybe less than ten minutes, but it felt like forever. It was a massive horde of infected, I'd say more than a hundred of them.

The infected finally stop pouring in, letting us have a moment to breathe. I look over to the other Bloodrayne and Lucas, glaring at each other and then at us. The true Bloodrayne giving me a look, and approaching the two.

Honestly, what the fuck is going on? Whatever, but I'll need an explanation soon or I'm going to fucking explode.

"So, this is our introduction to the Zombie  Universe, huh?" Other Bloodrayne says.

"Zombie Universe?" I reply, completely baffled.

"Oh yeah, that's your designation in this chaos of a Multiverse. Well, it's nice to meet you, who's the leader of this... colony?"

"Uh, I'll call him over right away," I say, taking out my phone. I dial Max's number, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hey Liam, what do you need?" Max asks.

"Well, two people are saying they're from a different universe."

"Oh, I noticed it. I've been perfecting Multiversal travel, I'll be right over."

"How long?"

"Less than a minute, I'm sure."

"Alright, he's on his way--"

Max runs from behind the cafeteria, taking his breath from sprinting. "Hi, I'm the leader of this colony, may I help you?"

"We're looking to make contact with the Multiverse, you're our third stop," Other Bloodrayne replied.

"I guess you must be the True Universe then?"

"Yeah, I guess that's what we call ourselves."

"Well, I'd be very pleased to explore your Universe," Max shrugs and continues. "So, I've been wondering, is our outbreak an isolated incident in the Multiverse?"

"Well, we've only explored three universes, but yeah, it seems like so," Bloodrayne looks at her watch. "I do have time to show you around the Academy."

"I--" I stammer. "Academy? What the hell do you mean?"

"It's a huge school that can house up to ten thousand students, also, it is our base of operations."

"Alright, I want to go with you two," I said.

"Okay," True Bloodrayne tapped her ear. "True-Blood, ready to relay with the group and two people from the Zombie Universe."

Well, and just like that, we vanished, and found ourselves in a whole new world.