Up the tower

Sabine: Let me think about. I'll let you know my answer tonight.

~Later that night~

Dawn: So, have you decided?

Sabine: I'm in.

Sabine P.O.V.
Dawn and I left immediately. We got the Phantom and thanks to Jason's help, Dawn and I were able to leave unnoticed. Jason and Dawn have Hera's talent for flight but they act exactly like Kanan when it comes to mischief. I made a good choice bringing Dawn along and getting Jason involved.

~In the Phantom~

Sabine: Plug in the coordinates and head to the tower.

Dawn: I know.

Sabine: Gain altitude.

Dawn: I know.

Sabine: Did you turn off the locator beacon?

Dawn: I know what I'm doing!!! My mother taught me everything, unlike you do.

Sabine: Alright.

That hurt me. Maybe Dawn was right. Mira is my daughter, but I treat her as if she wasn't my daughter. Meanwhile, Dawn was raised by both her parents. My daughter was raised by the same people, but at the same time, by no one. I went to sit down and I'm guessing Dawn sensed it. She put the autopilot and joined me.

Dawn: I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I'm just trying to help you and I don't want to fail. You want to see Ezra and I don't want to ruin that. I know how much family means to you.

Sabine: I know and to be honest, you're right. I've distanced myself from my friends and family, and most importantly, I've distanced myself from the force and my daughter. I didn't follow Kanan and Ahsoka's teachings, just because I didn't want to face the reality that Ezra is gone. I guess I'm learning what I once lost.

Dawn: At least now you know and it will help you. Maybe Mira can learn from you, just like I did right now. We are all learning these things together.

~At the tower~

We landed and headed up. The door was locked. We had no way of getting in. I then saw the darksaber. I hadn't used it in years. I was thinking about igniting it, but when I touched it, the memories came back.

Sabine: I killed him. It was all my fault. He's gone.

Dawn: What?

Sabine: I did it. I sent him to his death by coming up with that stupid plan. It was my fault. Mira doesn't have a fatherand it's because of me.

I broke down completely. Dawn came next to me to comfort my sadness.

Dawn: Sabine, it wasn't your fault. Everyone had their part and knew the risks. You're not alone. You have me, your daughter, and a family. Let me help you. You're strong and you know that.

I hugged her back. It was like I was hugging Hera. They are so alike yet so different. The darksaber held the memories, but they make me stronger. The crew is still there to help me, like always. I backed away and ignited the blade, but I didn't want to damage the tower, so I used the force to open the door. The darksaber illuminated the room, especially when Dawn ignited her lightsaber.

~Minutes later~

Dawn: So, what is this place? You never exactly told me.

Sabine: This was his home. Where he grew up when he was young.

Dawn: What's the story?

Sabine: This is where we met. Ezra stole some crates, but didn't get away. I ran here with my crate since Hera was picking up the others. I gave him a blaster before I left. He kept it for years.

Dawn: How did you get together?

Sabine: I went undercover at the academy. He was a sith by then. He helped me out and left days after. Just to be with me. He came to the Ghost, joined the crew and we went on crazy adventures. I even killed him once.

Dawn: Ouch. So he really did die that way?!

Sabine: No. He survived that time. He died while helping Lothal reclaim its freedom. He went into the complex to fight the sith lord and the complex blew ip. He saved me, telling me to go, even if we both knew the truth about the outcome. By then, he knew he'd be a father.

Dawn: He gave his life for you even if you killed him first.

Sabine: It was sweet, but look at what happened. Look where sweet got me.

Dawn: Now I see why this place is important to you. Good job cleaning by the way. This place seems too clean to have been an old home. Wait, according to my father, non of you have been back here in years.

Sabine: You're right. Someone else has been here.

Dawn: But who would come by an old tower? No offence.

Sabine: I don't know, but who ever it is isn't staying here. This place belonged to Ezra and it always will be.