Chapter 17

"Hannah Barkley, please report to the main office, Hannah Barkley, please report to the main office, thank you" a raspy voice announced over the speakers.

What did I do this time?

I made my way into the old, dusty office. The last time I was here, I was about to get whipped.

"Hello, Miss Barkley. If I remember correctly, you won an award at the banquet." the woman said. Her badge read 'Līza'

"Uhm, yes ma'am." I said.

"Well, the hotel rooms are ready for the winners. So, here is your room number and key" Liza said handing me an envelop.

"And what about my wish?" I asked.

"Your wish, is right here. In this bottle. I need to read the rules before I can hand it to you" she said.

"First rule, you cannot use this wish to make someone fall in love with you.

Second rule, you can't bring someone back from the dead, including yourself.

Third rule, you cannot undo a wish. So choose wisely.

Are we clear?" she asked handing me the bottle.

"Yes ma'am." I said while grabbing it.

I walked from the building, to next door, the huge hotel.

"Whoa" I sighed. I saw other people going in. So, I followed them inside.

I walked over to a desk with, I'm assuming, the hotel manager behind it.

His back was towards me (he was doing something, I think organizing some keys in the shelves)

"Uh, excuse me?" I asked.

He turned around immediately.

"Are you here for a room?" he asked.

He had a brown beard with a mustache to match it. His hair was pushed back and he had these creepy green eyes.

His face startled me. I think I even jumped back.

"Uhm. Y-yes." I barely answered.

"Alright. Where's your key?" he asked. I think he noticed that I got scared..

I took it out of my pocket and gave it to him.

He slid the key on some machine thing and gave it back to me.

"Here you go. Your room is on the third floor. You can use that elevator" he said.

"Thank you" I smiled and walked towards the elevator.

It had 12 floors.

The doors were about to close but a hand stopped it.

Luke's hand, stopped it.

I took a step back as he entered.

He looked just as surprised as me.

He looked like he wanted to say something to me, but he kept his mouth closed. A part of me wanted him to say something. We haven't talked in like a week. Another part was glad he didn't, because I don't know if I would be able to look at him the same way, yet alone talk to him.

I wanted to say something. But, I didn't. I even had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say anything.

I looked to the side so I would avoid the temptation of looking at him. He was wearing skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. I silently groaned because I really liked him.