Thanksgiving Special Chapter

I think it's safe to say that all of us miss Hannah and Isobel. Me, Luke, Dan, even Hunter and Emily, maybe Aiden. That's why we're all here. We are thankful for each other, and for the ones we lost.

There was a large dinner table set up. 6 chairs, 4 candles, 2 pictures.

"Olivia, pass me the turkey." Dan said.

I did as he requested and he basically took half of it.

The room was full of delicious smells. Not death, or hatred. It was full of happiness and thankfulness.

This is my first year spending Thanksgiving outside my house. Without my family. But Hannah and Isobel have allowed me to meet new people.

"I'd like to make a toast." Luke said, tapping his cup.

The room immediately became quiet.

"I didn't really know Isobel that well. I know she was really persistent, and sassy, but she was caring. Kind of. But I did know Hannah. Hannah was the sweetest girl I had ever met. She was so much fun. She was thoughtful, and kind, and always wanted to help others. I was there..when she died. When both of them died. I would normally wish to un-see her death. But, I don't want to. I don't want to forget anything about her. Which is why she's on my mind as we have this Thanksgiving dinner."

We all clapped and said "cheers."

"I can't believe it's been almost 1 year since they died." Aiden said.

"Where do you think they are?" Hunter asked.

No one answered.

"What happens when a ghost dies? Do they disappear?" I asked Luke.

"I'm not sure. They're either gone for good, or they're in another dimension. Meaning that they could be in this room." Luke chuckled.

"I doubt they're here." Emily said.

We all giggled at that silly thought. Even if they were here, I'm sure they would send us a sign.

No sign, no Hannah or Isobel.

*•*•*•*•*

"It's too bad we can't send a sign." I said.

"I know, it sucks we can't touch anything anymore. But hey, they're having fun." Isobel said.

"Yeah. Can I ask you something?" I said to Isobel.

She looked scared but nodded. "Sure,"

"Do you-

Do you like where we are? What we are doing?" I asked.

It took her a moment to answer. I could she was trying to find the right sentence.

The room was cold.

It was quiet. I could only hear our breaths, or voices.

It was so completely still, it sort of scared me. I had gotten lost in the sight of the area, that I almost forgot what I had asked my sister. She turned around and looked at me.

I waited for her to answer.

And she finally did.

"Yeah. Look, our deaths were horrible. I ruined your chance of ever being a human again. And then, I killed myself. People cried. Mourned. And we watched them do that. It was heartbreaking. Death is never a good thing. My suicide didn't just hurt me, it hurt everyone I cared about. But I was too selfish to see that. But on the bright side, the bright side of all of this, our deaths brought everyone closer. Luke and Aiden hated each other. Emily and Hunter are finally reunited. They are all together. Happy. And I would never want to take that away. So, yes, Hannah. I like where we are. I like being their guardian angels. And we will forever guard them, and keep them happy." she said.

I smiled at her response, and continued looking down from the skies and the heavens, guarding our friends with our precious, white wings.