Chapter Seven

Jespa's POV:

As I sit in the chair waiting, I try to straighten out my back, it hurts almost unbearably then it pops loudly and I feel a shiver run up my spine and I sigh in relief.

The wall makes a hissing sound and moves open to reveal a hidden door. I hear a unlocking sound and then nothing. I stand up, still a bit unsteady from being suck in the cage for so long, and walk over to the door. I turn the handle and it opens easily. Strange...

I step out of the room slowly, turning my head from side to side, checking the corridor for any signs of life. But that's just it, there no one to be seen. I run down the hall and open another door, it's another chilly white hall and still there's no one. I listen closely for any sounds but hear nothing. I continue down the hall. I come across another door, it has a female restroom sign on it. I think back to the last time I'd gone, it'd been around seven days ago, I figured I might as well make a pit stop. That's one of the things they've done to me, they've reprogrammed my body to recycle food until I have time to dispose of it. It's one of those things like now anethesia and chloroform type drugs have no effect on me.

When I was fifteen, they were poking around in my brain when suddenly I woke up and could feel everything, and no matter how much anethesia they gave me I wouldn't fall back to sleep, from then on they've used electricity to pull my into unconciousness.

Once I've exited to bathroom, there's still no one to be seen. I run down the hall to another door, I try the handle, it's locked. I go further down the hall to the next door, it opens easily. The room is filled with 34 men in uniform. They seem stunned for a moment but quickly recover themselves and start running after me. I run down the corridor and slam through the exit door and into the jungle.  The building I've just exited is green and covered with grass, it's centered in a small clearing, obviously the rest of the building is underground because it seems rather small from the outside.

So now it's back to the beggining and as I run through the trees to the clearing I remember so well and hurl myself off the cliff with confidence. As soon as I feel the strong arms wrap around me I look up at Howl and know I'm safe in his arms. Until the men below start shooting as us...