Brother Complex - Chapter 28 - A Starry Night

Author's note: Hello. This is the awaited restricted chapter. Don't forget to comment and vote later if you like it *-* I figure out people won't be reading AN's if I put it at the end of the chapter, and so this time it rises up to the top *0* Anyways, William will be there on the next chapter, and the next after the next chapter, and the next after the two next chapters, and so on. I know you guys miss him <3 and I'm sorry if this chapter turns out to be a huge crap. I guess that's all I want to say. Enjoy! <3<3<3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28: A Starry Night

(Frayne's POV)

"Don't forget to pay me a visit tomorrow before you two go back, okay?" Zanice said.

"Sure, we will," I replied. The sadness in her eyes only made it harder for me to leave tomorrow morning.

I was sure Charlie didn't notice considering how well she could mask her true feelings. Zanice was the kind of person that I was. Being able to see through people, she could comprehend most situations. Yet, it was relatively easy for me to read her this time.

"Good night." She grinned, wriggling her fingers at us before closing the front door of her house. Charlie wriggled his fingers back in the same manner at the last moment before the door closed in front of us.

"That girl is mysterious," opined Charlie who wrapped his hand around my arm as soon as we left Zanice's residence.

I smiled at my boyfriend. "She is."

I was secretly wondering what they had been talking about when I had left to buy their drinks. Contrary to Zanice, Charlie was usually quite easy to read. He wouldn't have said something about someone in particular if nothing had happened between them.

Or perhaps, I was speculating too much.

Nevertheless, I was quite curious. It was worth the try. "What were you and Zanice talking about when I was gone earlier?"

Charlie chuckled. He had an amused look on his face. "You are curious, aren't you?"

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me since it's probably something trivial just to make me curious," I said. This way he would want to tell me even more.

"I don't think I should tell you though," he replied, "But Zanice is a really good friend."

"I see." I grinned widely, getting a grasp of their conversation.

The walk from Zanice's place to mine was about five minutes of slow walking. It wasn't far, considering how big the spaces between houses here were. That being said, Zanice was indeed a close neighbor of mine. Charlie gave me a peck on the cheek before entering my house. "I won't be able to do this often in there," he reasoned sheepishly, his cheeks turning pink.

We would, actually. I hoped he didn't forget that I was going to take him somewhere quiet, where no one would disturb us.

As we were inside, I asked Tamara to let Charlie join her watch the TV for a moment while I would be preparing a few things. I searched for my mom and found her in her room, looking through an album filled with old photos of me. I gave her a questioning look. "Is this one of your hobbies in your spare time?"

She smiled and gestured for me to sit next to her on the bed. "I want to show these to Charlie."

I gawked. "No way!"