Aizawa Shouta: Yandere Warning

Yandere WARNING

You didn't know when it started. Maybe it was last week, or it could have been months ago when you first felt someone watching you. Maybe it wasn't even someone, maybe it was just a cat, but it was there by the time you knew it was much, much too late.

You knew it was there when the small group of Professional Heroes came to your door with the letter and plethora of meaningless apologies. You swore one or two of them looked familiar, but you didn't pay mind to it; their message was too important.

Your boyfriend was dead. Presumably killed by villains, you couldn't believe your ears. He was so strong, so young, so able to fight off anyone with his amazing, heroic quirk. Not these villains, though.

They assumed it was multiple villains because the lack of marks would only be able to be covered up if another villain was able to fix it, especially the lack of blood despite the plethora of blood on him. The cause of death was still officially asphyxiation, and they just didn't know how he hadn't fought back and spilt a little blood to start a lead.

The case fell behind all the others, but your anxiety didn't. A guard was posted at your house for a single month, then the police deemed your safety secured, but you knew it was nothing but. Every time you left the house, your skin crawled with the horror that the killer who took your boyfriend's life was still out there.

You didn't even know he was watching you. All you knew it that someone was, and at first you thought it was a good thing. Maybe one of his friends was making sure you were safe, and soon you fell into the rhythm of embracing the feeling.

-

You hummed to yourself as you steeped the tea, eating a slice of toast and doing your daily work in your single person apartment. It wasn't too cozy, but the space allowed you to stretch more than most.

Once your tea was done, you threw your jacket on and brought it with you on a walk. It was daily habit, and it did keep you active: daily was your thing now, repetition kept you sane. Like clockwork, you exited your house and walked to the front of your apartment gate, grabbing the lock and - there. Right there.

Oh. That little tingling sensation, the itch you'll never scratching, the absolute nagging sensation that YOU were being watched. Normally you would smile to yourself, no, normally you would even giggle to yourself. It was keeping you safe, right?

No, the reason you were struck dumb with fear was so, so subtle that it had escaped your little perfect reality for the past five months; were the feeling started. It had moved back every day without your knowledge, starting from the little coffee shop on the corner to the nail salon, working it's way through the winding streets and shops, passed the small pathetic park and landing right here. Right outside of your apartment gate.

Let's just say you didn't go on a walk that day.

-

That's when you knew it was dangerous. That's when you knew you couldn't trust it, it wasn't a hero, it wasn't a friend, and it wasn't friendly. You couldn't bring yourself to go outside for days, and you had to transfer your paperwork online so you could continue to work at home. Once you hadn't felt the sensation for about a week, you finally went on your walk again, but you changed routes. You took another street, you changed directions, anything to see if the feelings wouldn't come back.

At first it didn't. You sighed in relief, taking a sip of your tea and continuing along your way. The warm sun illuminated the Sakura trees, made the grass glow with mirth. Everything was in place, nothing disturbed you, maybe you could even visit the office.