Chapter 2

"Who is it?" I yelled walking over to the door, the only response was another set of raps on the door. "What?" I yelled throwing the door open.

"Your doorbell is broken," Ryan said with an arrogant smile.

"Why are you on my porch?"

"Mila, we need to talk."

"I have nothing to say." I shut the door in his face and turned the deadbolt.

"You can't ignore me forever," he said through the door.

"Watch me!" The pounding on the door continued

"Mila, open the fucking door!"

"Leave."

"I'm not leaving until we talk."

"Stay out there all night, see if I care."

I walked into the kitchen grabbed a couple beers and headed to the den and turned the tv on. I opened Instagram and decided to look Ryan up, after hitting the follow button I scrolled down. I stopped when I saw a picture of Michael, Ryan and myself in our front yard before prom, it was the same picture that was on my vanity mirror. It was Ryan and Michael's junior prom, and Ryan's girlfriend had broken up with him just a few days prior. That night was the beginning of us.

"Thanks Mr. Watson." I heard Ryan yell. Picking up my beer, I walked to the window and pulled the curtain back. Ryan was kneeling next to the door with a tool box beside him. I unlocked the door and stepped outside.

"What are you doing?"

"Did you know Mr. Watson still lives next door?"

"You don't say," I rolled my eyes and handed him a beer.

"There, it's fixed. Go ahead test it out." Nervously I moved to stand next to him and pushed the lighted button. I heard the chimes playing from inside the house.

"I'll be right back, gotta take this back to Mr. Watson." I watched as he put everything back in the toolbox, he walked it next door and left it on the porch. He walked up and sat on the porch swing beside me.

"So..." he started, "Am I welcome to come in now?"

"No."

"I fixed your doorbell."

"I gave you a beer. We're even."

"If you don't let me come in I'll just sit out here and ring the doorbell all night."

"Is that why you fixed it?" He gave me a devilish grin. "Fine, whatever. You can come in."

"You know, I don't think anyone has ever slammed a door in my face," Ryan said as he walked through the door. He immediately walked over to my sectional and laid down.

"I didn't slam the door I shut it, and get your shoes off my couch." He took his shoes off, grabbed a pillow and laid it under his head. I came back from the kitchen with the last of the beers and sat down on the opposite end of the couch. "Why are you here Ryan?"

"I can't visit an old friend?" he asked giving me a smile that made my knees weak.

"Not without a motive, and stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"With that creepy smile."

"Creepy? I don't think anyone has ever called my smile creepy."

"Then they've never seen your real smile," the smile immediately fell from his face.

"No, I don't think they have," he contemplated.

"So why are you really here?"

"I came to see you." All the breath left my body.

"Why?"

"Because I can't get you out of my head," he stood and started to pace around the room.

"I think you need to go."

"You're kidding right?" he chuckled, "I come here, and try to pour my fucking heart out and you slam the door in my face, then you invite me in, then ask me to leave? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?! You barge back into my life after five years and you ask what's wrong with me?"

"You act like I had a choice, I had to move Mila, Mom needed me. I had to go!" he said growing agitated.

"You were eighteen!" Draining my beer, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of jack and took a big swig.

"BARELY! What the hell was I supposed to do? Where would I have lived?" he followed me into the kitchen

"You could've moved in with us, Dad wouldn't have cared." I whispered.

"Oh yeah that would've totally worked. 'Hey John, can I move in with you to finish out my senior year here? OH, by the way, I'm fucking your daughter.' Because that would've gone over REAL well, use your head, Mila."

"We never slept together." I said quietly.

"Not yet, but we both knew which way it was heading. It was only a matter of time. Fuck even now, looking at you, I still want you."

"Why now?"

"What do you mean why now? I've come back several times you didn't want to see me. Then Michael tells me you're dating some guy and bam next thing I know you're engaged to what's his name."

"Tyler." I shuddered. He took the bottle from me and took a drink.

"When Michael told me you were engaged I knew I had lost my chance. I knew Brooke was only in it for the money and fame. She was there and well we got together, but I never loved her. "

"Then why did you propose?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I felt pressured, by her, her family, and the press. Then she went and cheated on me several times, but I never cared, until Michael lets it slip that you're single and I finally had a reason to leave her. I didn't plan to come here until next week but I couldn't wait to see you."

"You came back for me?" I wasn't even sure I said it aloud until he answered.

"Yes." I took the bottle from his hand, taking a drink as I walked back to my bedroom. I had to get away before I started to tear up. This whole time I hated him for leaving, truly believing he could have stayed, never once did I think about the consequences of him staying here. I hated him for not coming back and now, seeing him right in front of me I knew I couldn't hate him. It made me wonder if I ever really hated him at all. Suddenly cold, I grabbed my sweats and removed my jeans.

"If you wanted me to get you naked all you had to do was ask," he said, instantly jarring me from my thoughts.

"I'm trying to change do you mind?" I said slipping my sweats on.

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just enjoying the show," he said taking a seat on my bed.

"If I go to the bathroom are you going to follow me in there too?"

"Is that an offer?" He teased.

"No."

"Then no," he chuckled. "Come on, I was joking. Where's your sense of humor?"

"I'm tired, hungry and drunk." I said walking over to the bed, he stood and peered down at me.

"If I order pizza, will you give me another chance?"

"I was going to give you another chance regardless, but if pizza is part of the package I won't say no." He leaned down and placed his lips on mine. His hands went to my hips, I wrapped my hands around his neck deepening the kiss. His hands kept moving eventually finding their under my shirt. He let out a groan as I pulled back. Looking down I saw his erection, he made no attempt to hide it.

"Like what you see?" he said with a cocky smile.

"Order the pizza, and I'll start a movie."

"Open another bottle of whiskey too," he said as I walked out.