Merry Go Round: Part 2

"Her dress drops, her head drops
Swiggin' out of a whiskey bottle, he just watches
But he was not Bobby, see Bobby had joined the army

Been gone for a couple months now she's messin with everybody

Everyone of the dealers, everyone hears her squealing

Trading pussy for product, she did anything for that feeling

But then she started that feeling, early morning she's kneeling'
In front of the toilet look at her belly there's no concealing
That she's expecting a child
This woman is living foul
She's only 20 years old

And hardly can even smile
Ultrasound shows a baby that's barely over a pound

Sold everything in her house just trying to score an ounce

News of her baby's father was that he died in the war

Now that syringe is all that keeps her alive anymore

No mattress, so her and her child dyin' on the floor
As a letter's at the door reading:

"I'll be home tomorrow. love, Bobby"
-Merry Go Round, Machine Gun Kelly

~*~

The front door hitting the wall behind it created a bang that enveloped the house. My scream could be heard for miles, I am sure. The police came in with their guns raised and their flashlights shining.

"Put your fucking hands up!" One of them yells.

"Step away from the lady with your hands raised!" Another yells.

"It's not what it looks like. He's innocent." I rush to defend Colson.

"Ma'am, please stay where you are with your hands raised."

I nod my head as they pull Colson off me with unnecessary force and rub his face in the floor as they put his arms behind his back and handcuff his wrists.

His eyes stare at me, tears staining his flushed cheeks. 

"I'm sorry." I mouth to him and before he can reply they drag him up and put him against the wall. "If you'd just let me explain..."

"Ma'am, please sit tight." The officers escort Colson to the back of the police car as the other holds a gun in my direction as he scans the scene in front of me. 

I hug my knees as I hear the ambulance coming down the block. I burry my head further between my legs and shut my eyes extremely tight until the little dots I see turn into a far away memory of laying in Colson's bed of his old apartment, eating food I bought because he couldn't afford at the time. 

"You usually eat this fast?" I smirk at him.

"If it's good, then yes." He licks the food from his lips and his eyes glaze over.

"Is everything with you sexual?"

"Is everything with you sexual because I was talking about the food." He laughs at me and continues eating. "Thank you for the food, baby, I owe you a solid."

"Don't worry about it." I shrug. "I got you."

He smiles. "Tell me when you ready and I'll take you home."

"I was thinking I could just stay here with you, tonight." I yawn. "We always slept in my bed, let's sleep in yours."

Colson turns his head to look at me as he drags a napkin across his mouth. His eyes scan my face and as if he is satisfied with what he sees, he smiles. He finishes what he is chewing and leans in to kiss me.