Chapter Two

Walking through the large, automatic glass doors was like walking straight into another dimension. The loud bustling of the cars and aggressive road ragers was completely blocked out by tall, grey-tinted, ceiling-to-floor windows that created the walls of the entire skyscraper. The floors were polished to perfection while the building's cooling system was a welcomed escape from the hot, European air. To the left of the entrance sat a long, dark wood desk, accompanied by a small, greying woman who typed furiously and occasionally greeted people that passed her.

With a smile, I quickly made my way towards the greying woman, my shoes clacking quietly against the marble. "Excuse me, I'm here to start my new job as Mr Rizzo's assistant. I'm Sydney Fox," I said, smiling at the older woman. She stared back at me stunned, her tired brown eyes covered by thin, gold glasses. Quickly, she stood and smiled at me, pointing towards an elevator standing by itself, seemingly out of the way; almost hidden from the other people walking through the lobby.

"Yes, please use that elevator to go to the 28th floor, that is where Mr Rizzo's office is. That is the only elevator that will take you to his floor. Always do as Mr Rizzo says, stay out of the way, don't talk unless spoken to, don't mess up, always speak and listen to Mr Rizzo whilst looking him in the eye, never nod as an answer. Follow all of these rules and you should be fine," she said, seemingly counting the rules on her slender fingers.

"Thank you, Mrs," I paused and waited for her to tell me her name. "Danna Jabalera," the lady smiled with a look of pity in her eyes before sitting back down and typing away.

I quickly made my way to the elevator and entered my name into the touch screen that activated the elevator. The screen announced I was going up before the doors opened and I stepped into the humorously large elevator. It must have been 3 or 4 minutes before the doors finally reopened, revealing a beautiful office space.

Similar to the lobby, ceiling-to-floor windows covered the walls and the floor was just as shiny. Two large, glass doors entered into what looked to be an exquisite office that overlooked the entire city. To the right of the large doors was yet again another dark wood desk, smaller than the one in the lobby. I assumed that would be my workspace.

With new found confidence I placed my bag on the desk and readied myself for the day. As I sat in the large, black office chair the phone rang, a pleasant chime ringing through the small speaker. With a smile, I answered the phone and entered my new life at that moment.

"Hello, welcome to Rizzo's Law Firm, this is Mr Rizzo's office."

(Picture is Sydney Fox // source: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/636344622320547851/?amp_client_id=ZMFRhVUorF4HiBepH7CIzEHkl5RFXizFcA-EVlqnrG70Be5uhDdjVXltup6EqcGU&mweb_unauth_id=2400642ebede67a1e858d888391917df )