Chapter Six

I awoke in a bed, in an unfamiliar room. I was confused beyond words, knowing I had fallen asleep in the car. The room was elegant and large with cream walls and dark wood floors. The bed I was laying on had rich red, silk sheets and I white duvet cover. The rest of the furniture was a mix of red, white and dark wood, giving an elegant and mature look to the room.

As my eyes examined the room, a dark brown door stood out to me. It was situated in front of the bed, to the left slightly. Carefully, I slipped out of the bed, noticing I was still in my clothes from last night. I exited the room and entered what looked like a hallway, the same creme walls and dark brown doors.

Slowly, I made my way down the hallway until I arrived at a pair of stairs. I had come to realise this building was elegant and expensive as I walked down the wooden stairs, my hand gliding smoothly against the golden rail. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, staring directly at a pair of large dark wood doors, something carved in the beautiful rich colour.

I didn't have time to inspect the gracious design as the sound of footsteps echoed in the large room. Theodore turned a corner to the right of me and smiled as his eyes looked me up and down. He had changed into a pair of grey sweats and a white t-shirt.

"Good morning Sydney, how did you sleep?" Theodore asked as he walked up to me, gesturing his hand towards me. "I sleep great thank you," I said as I placed my hand in his and he led me towards the direction he had come from. "I know you must have a lot of questions, but they can wait. I need to eat some breakfast and get freshened up. I asked one of my maids to put some clothes out for you," Theodore said as we walked, leading me into a room that looked like a dining room. I nodded slowly, Theodore pulling out a chair for me as a young lady in a simple black and white dress placed a silver dish in front of me.

Theodore sat and ate with me before I went back to the room I had just left and 'freshened up'. Having showered and redressed, I walked back downstairs and to the room Theodore had told me to go to. As I entered I noticed it was an office.

Theodore sat behind a large, dark wood desk covered in paperwork. Two white, leather chairs were placed in front of his desk while the walls were covered by bookshelves, full to the brim of books; both old and new. "Take a seat," Theodore said, gesturing to one of the white chairs. I sat quietly as Theodore continued working on his paperwork.

"Ok, now ask as many questions as you like," Theodore said, putting his pen down and devoting his full attention to me. "What happened last night?" I asked first, my hands folded in my lap as I watched Theodore closely. "Mr Tavani, from the firm, sent his men out to kill me because I refused to help his son, Ennio. Ennio had been taken to court over a possible murder he had committed. Tavani promised me $10 million to get Ennio out of the situation. Turns out, Ennio stole the money from Tavani and he couldn't pay me so I couldn't help him. Now he's pissed and wants blood for his son's stupid decisions," Theodore said, his face scrunched up in anger and irritation.

"Are you apart of the Mafia?" I asked second, looking down at my hands in nervousness. I hoped his answer would be no. "Yes, I am the prime leader of the Rizzo Mafia, passed down to me from my father," Theodore said seriously, watching me closely. My mind froze for a moment, realising how dangerous Theodore was and how caught up in it I had become.

Suddenly, I remembered the question Theodore wanted to ask me last night. "What did you want to ask me last night, at dinner?" I asked finally, giving Theodore my full attention once again. He sighed and put his head down for a moment. "I wanted to ask you out on a date," Theodore said flatly as his eyes met mine once again. My mind froze once again; this time in disbelief. My boss, a Mafia Boss, had just asked me out on a date.

Theodore suddenly scratched the back of his neck before looking at me with panicked eyes. "You don't have to say yes, I know you've been through a lot overnight and I don't want to rush you or anything and -"."Yes," I cut into Theodore's rambling. I had gone through the reasoning in my head and decided that I would, in fact, love to go on a date with Theodore. I mean, what could be crazier than what happened last night?

"Really?" Theodore asked, looking hopeful as he stood from his chair. Slowly, I nodded my head before I was engulfed in a hug with the massive man. "Thank you so much Sydney, you won't regret it, I promise," Theodore said before busying himself with 'date plans', as he called it.

With that, I left back to the room I had been in before and spent the rest of my day reading and wondering how my life had become so intense after just one night. I had a gun pulled on me, I had dinner with my boss, I nearly got shot because of my boss, I met a Mafia Boss and now I'm going on a date with one. It all made my head hurt, to be honest.

(Picture is the maid - you'll meet her properly soon // source: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/aminoapps.com/c/anime/amp/blog/my-top-favorite-10-battle-ready-maids/K5tM_u0ejDB5xWgGaeqZg0zj37k2EX?source=images )