Chapter Five

The car was silent as Theodore drove through the night, going well over the speed limit. He looked so calm for a man who had just been shot at.

After about 3 hours of driving, Theodore pulled up to a large mansion with a high-security gate and multiple security guards. Theodore looked at me and sighed before straightening out his clothes.

"I need you to go and meet Malachi for me, I have something I need to do," was the first thing Theodore had said to me since he forced me into this car. "What? Who's Malachi?" I asked, my eyebrows knitted in both anger and confusion. "Just say 'Sydney Fox, second prime leader of the Rizzo Mafia' and flow with the conversation, I will join you in a minute," Theodore said before exiting the car and walking towards the guards. My eyes widened at the mention of a mafia and that's when everything connected together. Theodore, my boss, was apart of a mafia. What the actual fuck was happening?

I noticed Theodore waiting for me and quickly left the car, walking with him up to the big mansion. As we reached, Theodore disappeared towards another building as a guard led me down a hallway and to two massive wooden doors. Slowly, I ended the room and continued to follow the guard.

A man sat on a throne-like chair in the middle of the room. The man had dirty blonde hair and an eyepatch that ran over his left eye. A smaller man sat on the man's lap as they whispered to each other.

The guard announced me and informed the man that Theodore would be joining us later. The man chuckled as he looked at me. His eyes captured mine in an amused yet powerful gaze as his hand slowly travelled up the younger man's thigh. I blushed at the action and immediately ducked my head, not wanting to interrupt their moment of intimacy.

A few minutes went by before the younger man stood and walked off, winking at me as he elegantly strolled by, whilst I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. "Come," the man on the throne said in a deep, gruff voice that echoed and bounced off the walls, a cold shiver running through my body at the pure authority. The man pointed to a smaller chair just left of his and I walked up the carpeted stairs to the silver chair.

His eyes never left my body as I sat in the large chair, my tiny statue being nothing compared to the man. He chuckled to himself as he noticed my short legs dangling off the edge of the chair, my head down in embarrassment. "Theodore said he was bringing someone with him, I didn't realise he was talking about the most beautiful man to ever live," the large man said, causing a bright red blush to cover my cheeks.

I cleared my throat softly before offering the beast of a man my hand, "Sydney Fox, second prime leader of the Rizzo Mafia." The man smirked before grabbing my humorously small hand and giving it a shake. "Malachi Cross, the prime leader of the Cross Mafia, at your serves young Master," the man said, twisting my hand in his hold to place a gentle kiss to the back of my hand, causing me to blush. My eyes widened, realising I was talking to a Mafia Boss.

"Malachi, I hope you don't plan on sweeping up my compagno (partner) and running off again," Theodore's voice rang heavily in the spacious room, my head instantly snapping towards the sound. I couldn't be happier to see Theodore strut across the room and climb the stairs in a matter of seconds. I immediately stood from the chair and met him halfway, Theodore wrapping his arms around me as I did the same. "Sorry to keep you waiting, my Love," he whispered before placing a delicate kiss on my forehead. My eyebrows knitted at his words, but I chose to play along. The second we departed the embrace, the two men got into depth with their business.

"Theodore, it's good to see you old friend," Malachi greeted with a large smile and a handshake. Their conversation sprouted from there as Theodore pulled me into his lap as he sat in the silver chair. "Malachi, I actually came here today to ask for your help. The Tavani Mafia is attacking me because I refused to help Ennio, Renato's son. Would you be willing to assist me, in exchange for some weapons?" Theodore asked Malachi, a man walking up with a briefcase.

Malachi shook his hand at Theodore's man and smiled at Theodore. "Of course, mio amico (my friend), I would be happy to assist, there is no need for an exchange," Malachi smiled happily at Theodore. It was obvious these two had been through a lot together. Theodore and Malachi hugged for a short moment as Theodore thanked the slightly shorter man. The men talked back and forth for about an hour or so before Theodore stood with a sigh.

"We must be off fratello (brother), Sydney and I have a lot to do," Theodore said, looking down at me as I twiddled my thumbs. Malachi smiled and gently took my hand, once again placing a kiss on the back of it. "You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful compagno (partner), Theo," Malachi whispered as he let go of my hand, only for Theodore to grab it. "Grazie (Thank you)," Theodore replied and with that, we left.

The second I jumped in the car my eyes fluttered closed, way too exhausted from all the excitement to even bother asking Theodore the questions I so desperately wanted answers to.

(Picture of Malachi Cross // source: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/531917405971882315/?amp_client_id=ZMFRhVUorF4HiBepH7CIzEHkl5RFXizFcA-EVlqnrG70Be5uhDdjVXltup6EqcGU&mweb_unauth_id=2400642ebede67a1e858d888391917df )