Interception (Part II)

"It makes complete sense, now." Alexion stated.

No one quite understood the workings of Alexion's mind, and if they could tell you, they would say that they would rather not try to understand. Alexion was the type of guy who assessed and calculated every possible outcome of a situation. It was careful guys like he who was truly dangerous, and the members of his team that he had gathered, would also admit that Alexion's mind seemed to be a scary place.

"You said he was targeting Moonshine. Why would he send a shipment to Roxborough?" Axel argued, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I've done my research; enough to tell you that Fox isn't the type of guy to hide things. He's dangerous and he wants us to know all the pieces of the puzzle. But he's like the Riddler. He'll riddle you a riddle and while you're trying to figure out his next move, he's busy reigning chaos and setting up his next play. His plan isn't just to knock all strong packs off the chess board. It's to kill our species; and what better way to do that than to take away our future?"

"Then it's settled." Wesley spoke up. "We intercept the shipment before it reaches Roxborough." He stated as though it were the most obvious solution; sure enough, it was. The only problem was the strategy; how would they get to the shipment in time to intercept it before it got to Roxborough and Fox killed their future?

"How?" Tristan inquired. "The only way we could make it in time is if we have some serious horse-power and we don't have any fast cars."

"Not exactly..." Wesley piped; Tristan arched a brow. "I'll make some calls. We don't need fast cars; just an efficient team. We're heading back to Pittsburgh."

Wesley then exited the building as the team started gathering all that they had come with and loading them into the cars while they waited for Wesley to finish his call. It was not more than five minutes later that he returned with a smirk on his face that had Alexion arching a brow.

Wesley held up his mobile phone. "It's being taken care of as we speak. The shipment will meet us at Pittsburgh."

"Who did you call?" Axel asked before anyone else could. Wesley shrugged.

"Long-time comrades. An effective two-man team that's rather flexible and have been with the WLO for years."

**********

Air craft transport was the most effective mode of transportation to cover long distances in a short space of time.

Given the urgency of Wesley's call and the situation they were currently in, what with the future of the Lycan race practically hanging in the balance with a shipment of deadly drugs headed to Roxborough, it paved no room for mistakes. They had to intercept the shipment before it made it out of Colorado.

And with roads that were clear along Highway 24, they would have the advantage.

Three members of the WLO would be all that it took to stop the shipment; a pilot for helicopter transportation and a two-man team working on the ground.

"Carrier at two o'clock, moving closer to target and preparing for drop-off." The pilot announced. The two persons on the ground team, nodded, then quickly did a secondary check to ensure that their gear was righted, which would allow them to jump onto the carrier container with ease.

"You ready, baby?" the man asked; his wife chuckled and shook her head.

"Born ready."

They came highly recommended and were among the most experienced, elite squad the WLO had ever employed; a husband-and-wife duo deployed on several missions together and separately; but they worked extremely well together.