Intruder

Black Lane

How he hated this place.

In his mind, the darkest pits of Tartarus were far more inviting, and far friendlier than the community pack of Black Lane. Nothing good ever happened here...at least, for him. He thought about it; and what it would mean for him to return to his hell. And he figured for a long time, that with Kai Rickards on the alpha throne, his life would be that much better, that much brighter.

Kai Rickards was the celebrated future alpha of Black Lane, loved and adored by pretty much every wolf in the pack. And he figured, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Kai had always been nice to him where others ridiculed and condemned his existence which was what made this job even more difficult.

He understood Fox's hatred of Lycans well; but he would not go so far to kill them all, especially those who didn't deserve it. And it pained him to hurt Kai, because in his mind, he saw Kai for the alpha he could be. One that would rule justly, never be afraid to accept a challenge to defend his pack, he would always put himself in harm's way if it meant giving his pack a fighting chance. In his mind, he saw Kai to be a great alpha; not the kind who would abuse his power and take his position for granted, never understanding the full weight of its responsibility.

Which was why it had been so incredibly easy for Fox to wipe out as many packs as he had. Their alphas and future leaders were not strong. And that's what he couldn't understand about most dominants. They measured true strength based on physical strength; and that was their greatest mistake. Even though Fox hated Lycans, he also respected them; especially those packs that were most difficult to eliminate.

Because those packs had one thing in common; strong leadership. With an alpha that was strong of will, mind and heart, humble, kind, generous, understanding, reserved and mature, these packs were practically undefeated.

Killing a future alpha who would be the very backbone of his pack did not sit well with him. But if he intended for Fox to uphold his end of the bargain, once again, he had to complete yet another task that slowly, decomposed and tore away at his humanity.

Whatever was left of it anyway.

Taking a deep breath, he stepped out from beyond the line of trees that would be the start of the woods surrounding the Black Lane community pack. From where he stood, the alpha's house was not rather far, in fact, only three buildings in. The building immediately before the line of trees was a guard point that guarded the border; but at night, only a few wolves were posted to the building. They usually didn't stray less than half a mile from the guard point.

So, it was easy to sneak past the border; incognito, dressed in black, he blended in with the night. From what he could see, and what he could hear, there were three guards inside the building. Two were further inside the building, speaking uproariously, and laughing boisterously; while the one guard who sat on a chair on the balcony, snoozed away, light snores indicating that he was in another world.

Having masked his scent, the hood of his jacket pulled over his head, he patted his jacket pocket where the contents of the orange envelope lay protected; a syringe, and a vial containing the Omega Virus.

How ironic he figured. He remembered the expression he made when he'd first heard what they were calling it; a demeaning slam at omega ranked Lycans who were, in many packs, considered 'poison.' He had witnessed the effects of the drug, and it was nasty.

Keeping his back to the wall, he slunk around to the next building, ducking low so that if there were any occupants inside, he wouldn't be spotted since he was careful of his footing and making sure to keep his back to wall. He did however, make sure to keep a watch for anyone who may happen by and catch him. Easily, he slunk around to the third building, stopping as he looked up to the first floor, the window to the right-most end of the house was where the future Black Lane alpha probably slept in his bedroom. All lights in house were off, so there was a chance that every occupant was asleep.