Chapter 3

*Trigger warning* There is talk of kidnapping and abuse! There is also self harm and attempted suicide! Don't read if this bothers you! You have been warned!

"Want to talk about it?" Alice asked, looking at Françoise in the passenger seat out of the corner of her eye. "My back is what you're asking about, oui?" The French woman asked, still looking out the window before turning to look at the Brit in the driver's seat. Alice sighed before turning onto a dirt road, the car shaking slightly on the unpaved ground.

     After five minutes, Alice stopped the car before turning it off. "Its just the two of us Fran, can you tell me now? Please I just want to know what happened in those five years that you went missing." She asked, watching the tears build in the blue eyes of her girlfriend. "Monika had me. She would demand that I tell her where you and the others were hiding, every time I denied her the information she wanted, she would bring a cattle whip down onto my back. If I was lucky, she would just use a paddle. Lucila is the only reason that I'm alive. She would always come to feed me, she never saw my back and I always made sure of it. But one day they got into a fight and Monika took her anger out on me," Françoise spoke, tears falling down her face as she told the story of her pain, Alice sat next to her in complete silence. "She used the whip until my back was completely covered, blood dripping down my back in some spots. That was went she grabbed a hunting knife and started slicing at me, the scar on my cheek is from one. Do you know what kept me alive? What kept me from killing myself? It was you my beautiful Angleterre, its was the hope that one day we could be married and as far away from Monika as possible." The blonde said, turning in her seat to face her girlfriend, silent tears rolled down Alice's face before she unbuckled and connected her lips with Françoise's, both women could taste the others tears in that kiss but neither cared. Still keeping that kiss going, Alice climbed out of her seat and sat in the French woman's lap, pulling away to attack her jawline and neck with kisses. Françoise moaned, grabbing the smaller woman's shoulders in a desperate attempt to make sense of reality again. Alice slid one of her hands down Françoise's side to unbuckled the blue eyed woman before pulling her face closer by the black tie. "If I would of know that German bastard had you that whole time I would of came for you sooner...ma Cheri." The Brit said before claiming her French girlfriend's lips again, Françoise licked at her bottom lip, wanting access to Alice's mouth but was denied by her pulling away. "Did she ever find out?" "Italie? Not as far as I know. Monika didn't like her coming near me and was always in the room whenever she came to feed me. She was always afraid that I would tell her what happened to me." She looked out the window at their faint reflections in the glass. Alice's green eyes looked angry and upset with a matching expression, Françoise's blue ones looked tired and hurt, her face looked like she had just been whipped again. The Brit said nothing but hopped back into the driver's seat before starting the car and putting in reverse to head home. The Frenchman to her right kept her focuse on the passing scenery that passed by before half an hour of silence drove her insane enough to speak. "You aren't mad, are you Angleterre?" The Brit sighed before answering her. "Not with you or Vargas. Beilschmidt definitely, did Honda know you were there? "Je ne sais pas." "English Françoise. I don't understand French." "I don't know. He's never said anything to me about it and I never heard him when I was there." She said, playing with a lock of her own blonde hair. Alice sighed again before pulling into their driveway and parking behind Françoise's car. Alice's phone vibrated in the cup holder between the two of them, the Brit being the one to pick it up and sighed. "Rachel needs me to get something for her. Will you be fine for a minute by yourself?" She asked, knowing how much the Frenchman hated that specific Italian. "I will. Don't worry Alice I will lock the door." Françoise said before kissing her on the cheek and getting out of the car. The English woman sighed before putting the car in reverse and pulling out after the French blonde was inside.

Françoise stood with her back to the door with tears streaming down her face. Her sobs could probably be heard from where her English girlfriend's was but she didn't care anymore. With blurry vision, she climbed the stairs, removing her white long sleeved dress shirt to reveal to herself old scars and scabbed wounds on her arms. Making her way to the bathroom connected to hers and Alice's room, she stopped at her nightstand to grab a small pocket knife out of one of the drawers. Shutting the bathroom door behind her, Françoise sat down on the floor, tears still dripped off of her face as she ran the knife over her left wrist, cleanly slicing the flesh open and letting the blood drip onto the floor. Repeating the process up her arm, she stopped at her elbow before switching the knife over to her other hand and slicing open her left arm. Unknown to the Frenchman, Alice had gotten home early since the Italian didn't need her anymore she walked upstairs, calling the blue eyed woman's name. Françoise looked up when the bathroom door was thrown open, the Brit in her eyes looked like she was at the end of a long tunnel and her voice echoed until the blonde French woman passed out, her head nearly missing the corner of the bathroom cabinet.