Part 1: Welcome to Baker Academy

Sherlock slid comfortably into his seat. He was early to class. So he started to trace a marking on the desk with his index finger. He was almost always here before everybody. But it gave him time to think to himself.

"Hey! Freak!" A boy with sleek, black hair started to pound on the window with clenched fists. This made Sherlock jump in his seat.

"Leave m-me al-alone," Sherlock managed to spit out through quivering lips.

"Or-or w-what," the boy mocked him.

The bell sent a screeching sound through the room and echoed off the walls. Suddenly a woman in a bright green top started to sprint into the class. She stopped when she arrived at the door and started to gasp for air. Finally when she caught her breath, she leaned against the desk for support.

"Sorry I'm a bit late! I'm the substitute teacher for Mrs. Hudson. This... uh... this is the right room? Room 113, for English?" She looked around the almost empty classroom. Then her eyes fell back on Sherlock who had been looking anxiously out the window.

"Um... hello?" She waved her hand out in front of her to get Sherlock's attention.

"Hm?"

"This is Mrs. Hudson's English class?"

"Oh, yes. Indeed it is. Most students are typically here a few... well a few seconds before the second bell."

Suddenly a group of students poured in all chatting about an upcoming party. Sherlock rolled his eyes and took a long sigh. The sound of the bell was muffled by their voices. Suddenly Sherlock looked up to see the boy who had banged on the window earlier was in his English class. Sherlock started to realize how little he paid attention to who his classmates were.

"I heard Lestrade's getting alcohol!" This caused an uproar of voices.

"Alright, everyone! Please take your seats. My name is Mrs. Donovan and I'm going to be filling in for Mrs. Hudson today," she announced. Students took theirs seats but continued to chat. The teacher started to hand out sheets when all of a sudden, a paper airplane flew onto Sherlock's desk.

He wondered if it was a note. Sherlock had only gotten passed a note in class once and it just made snide jokes about his appearance. But perched just at the edge of his desk, it was beautiful to look at. So full of mystery, it stirred up Sherlock's stomach just thinking about what could be written inside. He lifted his trembling hands and began to reach for it.

  Suddenly Mrs. Donovan was approaching Sherlock's desk, so he shoved the note down his pants. He thought maybe he would just read it at lunch. Sherlock began to massage his temples until he looked up at the board.

Write an essay about the proper uses of punctuation and grammar.

Sherlock rolled his eyes and began to write.