Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Tris' POV

I went home to find Tobias sleeping on the couch. He looked so peaceful, considering everything that was going on.

"Tris?" he mumbled, looking up at me.

"Hi, how'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Good. I was thinking of going for a walk. It'd be nice to go out before we start our plan."

"Sure."

He got up and took my hand. We went back out and went to get on a train. After a little waiting, the ground started rumbling from a upcoming train. Still holding my hand, Tobias jumped onto it, pulling me with him. We sat next to each other, my head on his shoulder.

"The city seems so calm at night," he said. "As if nothing is wrong."

"Yea. I like it."

We sat looking out at Chicago. You could tell it had once been a big city, with it's big buildings and long streets. They had been built for lots of busy people. I wondered why they would change that to factions.

"Come on," Tobias said. He pulled me up and jumped off. I followed, landing on a pile of grass. He helped me up and we walked towards the ferris wheel. I smiled remembering the night we won capture the flag because we climbed it.

He squeezed my hand and we sat down, looking at the ferris wheel.

"This has to be the place I realized I was in love," he whispered. I smiled and looked at Tobias.

We lay down on the grass and looked up at the stars. I really liked laying on the grass with him. It made everything in life seem like a dream. Here I was, in the real world, where worry was laughable. I could stay here forever looking at the sky and holding hands with Tobias.

He started small talk, and we talked about random things. Like our favorite color and the impossibility of a circle.

************

In the end, I ended up curled up on his bed. Apparently, I fell asleep while we were talking and he carried me home. It didn't help the fact we were both covered in grass and dirt.

"Go back to bed," Tobias mumbled, tiredly.

"M'kay," I whispered.

************

AHHHHHHH OKAY SO I HOPE YOU READ MY OTHER THING AND I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT AND REALLY NOT GOOD. BUT I'M TIRED AND GOING TO BED

ENJOY, VOTE, AND THANK YOU FOR 400 READS

-Jay