6. Mr. Hotstuff 2.0

The sun creeped in through the shades, leaving a trail of warmth across my skin. I covered my face with a fuzzy, red blanket. It was Saturday and I was hoping to sleep in, but the freaking sun had to go and ruin it for me. I rolled over on my bed, away from the burning light. However, I wasn't met with the other side of my bed, instead I hit the cold, hard wooden floor.

I sat up so I was leaning on my elbows, looking around at my surroundings. All I could see was my living room, not my bedroom. I was confused as to why I was sleeping on the couch, instead of my own, warm bed.

Then I memories of the night before played in my head, Lucas and I had been watching some movie on t.v., and I fell asleep. Standing up, I looked over at the chair that he was sitting in last night. Finding it empty, I wrapped the blanket around me and went into the kitchen to make myself some coffee. Lucas probably went home sometime last night, or should I say this morning, since I didn't knock out until 1 a.m.

My guess was concluded when I found a sticky note on the counter saying:

Sorry I didn't say goodbye, didn't want to wake you.

Lucas

Smiling at his cute note, I grabbed an orange mug from the cabinet, pouring myself a cup of coffee. I added some creamer, along with some sugar. I never understood how people could drink black coffee, it was so bitter. Or even worse, people who added a gallon of cream and a pound of sugar. Gross.

"Good morning," a voice said from behind me. Turning around, I was greeted by my mom, her hair in a blonde mess. Usually she had her hair in a tidy pony tail, so it was rare to find her hair disheveled.

"Good morning," I said, smiling. "Want some coffee?" She nodded in response.

I prepared a cup of coffee for her, a little cream and no sugar. She took a seat at the island, while I handed her the mug. Sipping on our coffees, I enjoyed the warmth it gave. The weather was getting colder as the days passed, so a nice hot beverage was a good thing to have.

"Who was that boy here last night?" My mom asked curiously. She wasn't the type of parent to scold their child for having a boy in the house. The worse thing she would do would be to harass me about them, asking if we were dating.

"He's a friend I met at work," I said, taking another sip from my cup.

"Right," she said as if it were nothing, but I knew deep down she was having other thoughts. "So you guys aren't you know, doing the jiggy?"

"Mom! Gosh! No!" I said as I tried to hide the embarrassment. "And "doing the jiggy" is not what we say nowadays. Gosh you're so embarrassing!"

"Oh honey. I'm only teasing," she said with a slight smile.

"I know I know," I said as I placed my cup in the sink. As I was just about to turn away from the sink, my mom cleared her throat. I looked at her, and she pointed her eyes toward the sink, inquiring I wash the cup I just put in there.

"I have someone coming over today to work on a project," I said as I scrubbed down the cup, making sure it was sparkly clean.

"Oh. Another boy?" My mom asked teasingly.

"Yes. Another boy, who goes by the name of Isaac." I heard my mom almost gag on her coffee. She felt the same way about him as I did.

"Isaac? As in Ellie's boyfriend Isaac?" I turned around nodding my head. "Why would you want to do a project with him?"

"Oh trust me, I didn't. The teacher assigned us partners and I got paired with him," I said, scrunching my nose in disgust.

"Well you have fun with that, while I go take a bath. It's my day off in a month," my mom said as she went and put her cup in the sink, without washing it.