twenty-one: edward meet serena

A few weeks had past since my birthday. It took almost two weeks for Leah to act civilized towards Gabriel and I. She was slowly starting to come around. She didn't like being at my house when Sam and Emily were there but whenever those two were away, we'd hang out in my room and I'd introduce her to some of my favorite T.V shows. Leah would never admit it but I think I was growing on her.

Anyway, Jacob's other best friend also phased into a werewolf and joined the pack; His name was Quil Ateara and he was a wonderful addition to our little pack of crazy misfits. I liked him; he had so many embarrassing stories about Jacob to tell me and was insanely funny. Oh, he also imprinted. It was weird on the imprinting worked especially when the imprintee was so young but, like Jacob stated earlier. Males would be anything for their imprintee...whether it was a friend, a brother, or a lover.

Things had been peaceful these last few weeks until Edward took Bella to Florida earlier in the week. Last night Victoria was in our territory. She had been in Cullen's territory but jumped the border and when one of the Cullen's...Emmett, I believe, tried crossing...Paul foolishly tackled him instead of the red-headed leech. Let's just say...things were awfully tense now. Jacob was waiting for Bella to come back to tell her the news knowing Edward wouldn't have told her of Victoria being in the area again. What the red-headed leech wanted and was doing here was any of our guesses. We just had to be alert and cautious now.

"We're doing, what?" I questioned with an eyebrow cocked.

My handsome boyfriend was pacing in my room looking conflicted and angry, "Bella isn't answering my calls. I know she isn't answering yours and I bet it has something to do with that leech of hers. He won't have her anywhere near us, Serena." Jacob looked up at me with a determined gaze and I could see how angry he was over this leech dictating Bella's social life now.

I sat down in my wicker chair, "So, that requires ditching school?" I mused quietly.

Jacob nodded, "I just want to talk to Bella. I know that leech isn't telling her what happened the other night."

I sighed dramatically and got up going to change out of my shirt, "Well, I suppose it is time to meet Edward Cullen. I have a bone to pick with him anyway." I threw Jacob a sassy grin. He rolled his eyes but I didn't miss the way they lingered on my naked back. I blushed softly and dug around for a tight fitting, black v-neck. Ever since that night in his room...Jacob and I haven't exactly had a moment alone. Things were a bit hectic with school, training, border patrols, vampire problems, and Sam being dead-set on making sure I remain a virgin until I was eighty.

It was a bit daunting but I was glad Jacob was being patient, just like I was, and being content with what little time we did have together. It was nice. He did take me out on occasional dates to the little café I adored. We also cuddled in the living room and watched movies with the rest of the pack whenever we had a free night. I think it gave Sam a piece of mind too.

"I don't want you near him...but knowing what you can do...I think I'd like to see you kick his ass. God knows I can't without breaking the treaty." Jacob snorted with a dark smirk.

I laughed softly as I tugged on the black, thin shirt, "I think everyone is going to get a kick out if once you phase for your next patrol." I pulled on some light denim skinny jeans.

Jacob was, obviously, watching me change without any shame, "Why are you changing again? What was wrong with what you were wearing before?" His voice was full of confusion and amusement.

I threw his a saucy grin, "If my boyfriend is going dressed in all black then so am I." I shrugged throwing on some black knee-high black boots. I put on a sleeveless black army jacket and I was set. Jacob got up with an intense gleam in his eyes while his arm was automatically curling around my waist and pulling me into him.