fourteen: totally not a damsel

"Who was that?" Bella demanded as Jacob hung up the phone.

Jacob had a cold look on his face and I was frowning at him, "Bella, step back." Jacob growled trembling slightly. I gently got in between the two. Bella looked furious.

"Jacob, I won't ask again." Bella seethed angrily.

Jacob didn't answer and was clenching and unclenching his hands as he stormed out of the living room. Bella was glaring after him but then suddenly Alice was in the room looking slightly panicked. "Bella, it's Edward." Bella's eyes shot quickly to Alice's golden brown eyes. I frowned knowing that things were about to go down hill from here. "He thinks you're dead!" She said and added, "Rosalie told him I came here."

But Bella was storming out of the house and towards the front door. "Oh god." I muttered and sighed, "This is definitely not going to end well." I said following the angry Bella and Alice was quick to follow as well.

"Who exactly are you?" Alice questioned as we stood on the front porch. Bella and Jacob were screaming at each other. (Why didn't you let me talk to him?!)

I answered softly, "Serena Uley."

Alice arched her eyebrow, "I didn't know Sam Uley even had a younger sister."

(He didn't ask for you!)

I sighed with a laugh, "Yeah, most people don't know Sam has a younger sister. My dad took me and moved us to Las Vegas and I recently came here to live with Sam and Emily until I finished High School." I told her watching Bella trying to smack the shit out of Jacob.

(I don't care!)

Alice had this blank look on her face as Bella tried whacking Jacob with a tree branch but Jacob was swiftly dodging the angry girl's advances with a very irritated look on his handsome face but it was Alice who spoke up in a very grave voice, "Bella, he's going to the Volturi." She didn't have to speak up or explain who the hell were the Volturi were because Bella was staring at Alice as if she had grown two freaking heads. Bella dropped the branch and everyone knew what the girl was going to do even before she said anything.

Jacob was gently grabbing her arm looking at his best friend with a pleading look on his face, "He left you, Bella. He didn't want you anymore, remember?" Jacob was hitting her with low blows and I saw Alice flinch. Jacob, what the hell?!

"But I'm not gonna let him kill himself out of guilt!" Bella snapped back and I was totally confused. I looked at Alice for guidance.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked her bewildered as Bella and Jake were screaming again. I was surprised no one was outside watching with popcorn.

Alice sighed looking really stressed out, "I can see the future," She said bluntly, "Edward can read minds. I saw Bella throwing herself off of the cliff and Edward saw. That's why I came back to see if it really happened because sometimes my visions isn't always right because that person can change their mind and all that junk. Anyway, Rosalie must've told him I was here because that's why he called her house...Jacob answered and told Edward he was at a funeral." She looked at me to see if I caught on where this was going.

Oh. "So, I can assume that this Volturi...is?" I asked her.

"They are sort of our Government, I guess you can say. We, vampires, don't have many rules but we do have a few important ones and whoever breaks them has to go through the Volturi. You can only kill a vampire a certain way..." She looked extremely troubled.

Oh. Edward thought Bella was dead because of him and now he was going to kill himself out of guilt. Wow, I was slow. I really needed to catch up with this gossip of the supernatural. I definitely have to ask Bella later whenever she comes back from wherever the Volturi was located at. I mean, I hoped she came back. Bella was now storming past us into the house with Jacob storming after her.