Chapter-2 An annoying conversation..

*Rohan*

"Can we talk about it later please. I'm getting tired," I replied in an irritated tone.

"Why later? Why not now?" She whined.

"Because I have to go and I'm already late," I lied.

"What is so important that you don't have time to talk?" Isha protested.

"I'm getting late for a party," I said coldly.

"I don't believe you Rohan, you're avoiding me for a party?" she said angrily.

"I'm not avoiding you, I'm just saying we'll talk later," I snapped back.

"It's been a week since that night and you have not once talked about it. You keep pushing it back." She was furious now.

"Yeah, that's because there's nothing to talk about it, and you yourself said we shouldn't talk about it. You said, it shouldn't have happened and all that nonsense, why are you bringing it up now?" I replied, a little annoyed.

"Because I thought you would talk about it, and that it mattered to you. But you're so indifferent, as if nothing ever happened." She whined again.

 "For god's sake Isha, stop whining. I didn't sleep with you okay and besides you were the one who kissed me and felt me up. You took me by surprise, I am a guy, I have needs and I was caught up in the moment, that's why I kissed you back. You are my good friend and I don't see you as more than that. I never felt that way for you and I know I never will. I know you like me more than a friend, but I can't help it. You have always tried to get close to me and I have always avoided it, but I also have my limits, and what you did that day pushed me past it. I consider you as my friend, that's why I respect your feelings for me and ignored whatever you did. But I'm making one thing very clear today and its, that I like you as a friend and if you can keep it that way and stop throwing yourself at me, I'll be more than happy to continue being your friend, but if you can't then I'm sorry, it has to end here. I was avoiding this conversation only because I didn't want to hurt you, but you asked for the truth so here it is." I completed taking a deep breath, a breath that I hadn't realised I was holding.

"I see how you feel, and I guess I can't be friends with you anymore, not after what happened. I'm sorry, but I don't see you as my friend. So I guess we won't be talking anymore. It was nice knowing you Rohan," she said and hung up before I could say anything.

I had always known she had a crush on me since our school days, but I didn't want to sever our friendship because of that. She was warm, kind and very friendly. She always called me up late at night and we would chat for hours. Although she tried to talk dirty at times, but I had simply ignored and shrugged it off, because, other than that she was a great person to be with. We hanged out together a lot and had fun. That is until last week.

The events of that day came flashing to me.

***

It was a reunion party at Pulkit's and all our school friends were invited. Of course, I was going. I didn't keep in touch with many of them, but only a few and Isha was one of them. 

When I reached the party, Isha was already there and she smiled as she saw me. I smiled back.

She was wearing a short dress, which showed a lot of her legs. Everyone was enjoying the party, couples were busy snuggling each other and getting cosy.

I took a drink and sat on the couch enjoying the music. Isha came up to me and sat beside me legs crossed, it only showed her legs more. I looked away, I didn't like the feel of where this was heading.

"It's really noisy here, let's go upstairs," she said.

"O-o-k," I managed to mutter.

She stood up and I followed her to the roof. We stood at one corner and talked about the party and our old school days.