Chapter-1 Two best friends..

Chapter-1

February 2011

*Suzanne*

Walking down the streets, I flicked the hair away, as the cool wind kept bringing them to my face. 

I could see the shop at the end of the street. Walking over to the bakery, I pushed the door open and stepped inside. The sweet scent of the bakery washed over me.

Maya, the shop owner gave me a warm smile. 

"Is it ready?" I asked. 

"Yes dear, I was waiting for you to come," she continued, "come take a look." 

She brought the cake out and my eyes lit up when I saw it. I beamed at her and stared down at what was held in her hands. 

It was a blackout cake, filled and frosted with dark chocolate and covered in chocolate crumbs. It was Ria's favorite. 

It was a big round cake decorated with cosmetics (labeling brands she used) using fondant icing with butterscotch flavor filling and lined with edible shimmer around the corners. There was an open bottle of lip gloss from which the gloss leaked to form lips that said "Happy birthday Ria." 

It was perfect! 

"You have done a great job, Maya. I love it." I said cheerfully and almost hugged her before remembering she had a cake in her hands. 

After making the payments, I gave her the address and asked her to deliver it there. Then I bought some chocolates and left the bakery and made my way back to hostel.

"What took you so long?" asked Ria, a frown on her face yet the excitement was still there. 

Ria is my room mate and also my best friend. She is a happy-go-lucky girl. 

She's very caring and outgoing in nature. The first thing one would notice about her is her friendly nature and not to mention, her irrepressible excitement over small things. Sometimes I feel like she will explode with her uncontainable energy. 

"I had to buy some chocolates" I said, showing her the packet. 

"Okay, now get ready. Hurry!!" Ria ordered, I nodded in agreement,grabbed my dress and rushed to the bathroom.

After I was ready, I looked in the mirror and gave a faint smile. I wore a black V-neck dress that hugs my midriff and flares below the waist. The dress was tight under my bust line, to give support and good shape. It ended inches above my knees. My mother gave it as a welcome gift when I last visited her. 

I decided to go monochrome by wearing black gladiator sandals matching my dress. 

I had on light make-up; a hint of kohl, smokey eyes and my all time favorite; nude lip shade. 

"Suzanne! Are you ready to go or not?" Ria yelled outside of the door. 

"I'm done. Coming!" I replied back, and sighed before turning towards the door. 

I wasn't in the mood for a party but my friends wouldn't leave me alone, plus it was Ria's birthday so there was no escaping it. I could not upset her on her birthday. 

Ria almost punched me, as I opened the door, her hand ready to land but she stopped midway.

"Whoa! That was close," she exclaimed. 

"Gosh Ria, have some patience. You almost knocked me out there." I complained, stepping into the room. 

"Someone is looking hot" she said, ignoring my frustration and emphasizing too much on the 't'.