Chapter 0 1: Dragonsong

"A ghoul, huh? Seems perfect for a villain!"

"Look at her... she even looks evil."

"Wait, she's looking this way. SHE'S GONNA EAT US!"

The whispers were nothing new to Haruka. Even at the young age of five, she more than knew how people felt about ghouls. Monsters, they said. Creatures that deserved to die. Disgusting cretins. But...

"Why don't we finally end your pathetic little life, huh, ghoul?! Hold her down!"

There was always one...

"H-Hey you b-bullies! You l-leave her alone!"

No matter what, he came to save her.

"Or what, Deku?! You gonna stop me?! Little Quirkless Deku, trying to play hero!"

He was her savior.

"Someone has to, Kacchan! Nobody deserves this!"

Izuku Midoriya.

× + × + × + × + × +

Ten Years Later

"Izu!"

A girl with long, silver hair rushed clumsily down the street, her black heels click-clacking loudly. Her long, black dress wasn't helping in the slightest, either- the damned hem keep getting tangled with the tips of her heels, and soon, she was sent flying to the ground, a sharp squeal escaping her lips.
However, arms caught her fall, putting the teenager back on her feet and steadying her. The silverette smiled up at her friend sheepishly, her crystal blue eyes twinkling.

"Sorry, Izu..."

The green haired boy chuckled at her, a pink dusting his cheeks. "You're so clumsy, Haru." He hummed, cheeks darkening as she wrapped her arm around his, and walked with him. "S-so, are you excited?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm thrilled, especially now that you're here!" Haruka wiggled as they walked, excitement clear on her face. "Not only am I the first ghoul to be allowed to compete, but my best friend is here to cheer me on!" She bumped him with her hip, wiggling her eyebrows at his appearance. "Not to mention, he's lookin' pretty damn fine."

"H-H-Haru!" Izuku squeaked, his face burning crimson as he turned his head away. The shorter girl laughed. But she wasn't kidding; Izuku looked great wearing a tux, and she wasn't about to deny it whatsoever. "A-ah, whatever...here. I bought this for you."

His free hand reached into the pocket of his black slacks, and pulled out a small box. With a curious click of her tongue, the ghoul gingerly took the box, opening it to reveal a necklace. It was a simple silver chain, with a small, red spider lily charm dangling from it. "Oh, Izuku..." she breathed, running a finger over the flower. Tears gathered in her eyes as she smiled up at him. "Thank you so much!"

Standing on her tip toes, she pecked his cheek, and then went to work putting the necklace on. As she was finishing with the clasp, Haruka felt Izuku stiffen at her side. She thew him a curious look.

"Izu? What's wrong?"

"You invited Kacchan?"

She blinked, her crystal blue orbs clouding with confusion. Sure, in the past few years, the ash blonde and she hadn't been on such rocky terms, but she certainly hadn't invited him to this particular event.

"Nope. I don't remember inviting him here, anyways. He doesn't strike me as the type to like this kind of thing. Why?"

The greenhaired boy gently grabbed her chin, and pointed her head in the direction he was looking. Lo and behold, there was Katsuki Bakugou, rocking his own dark tux...with a sloppily tied tie. Haruka felt her eyebrows furrow- was he looking for something? Or maybe he was just in the wrong place?