Chapter 0 2: Tragedy

The next day went by in a flash, all the way up until the very end of the school day, when Haruka was walking from her classroom, to Izuku and Katsuki's classroom. On her way inside, she slammed into the said ash blonde, having not been paying attention, and was surprised when one of his hands reached out to steady her.

"Watch where you're going, cannibal." Katsuki snarled, moving past her in a hurry. His lackies, after casting swift, fearful glances in her direction, followed him. She watched with pursed lips. She was fond of the boy, yes, but...those two realized that Katsuki didn't shit out the sun himself, right?
Rolling her eyes, she skipped into the classroom and, spotting her friend, went right over. Not noticing how distraught he was just yet, she flung her arms around the boy, humming a greeting. He gave her head a pat, almost absently, which is what finally got her to take a good look at his face. And what she saw made her gaze darken.

"Who did it? You want me to eat them?" As if to prove her point, the whites of her eyes bled into a black, the irises turning a dark red, with the usual shattered-glass look around them. Now, normally, most people would cringe away from this sight, or even scream and straight up run. But Izuku didn't- he never did, and that was probably what led Haruka to befriend him in the first place.

"Haru," he sighed, "Its fine. It was just...my notebook."

"I'm sorry, your what? You mean, that thing you write all your hero studies in? I'm gonna fucking eat whoever did it."

"Do you even know what happened?"

"...No. But that won't stop me."

Izuku finally cracked a smile, which had Haruka relaxing her expression. She grabbed his hand, and tried tugging him out the door, looking back up at him with her normal, crystal blue eyes. "Come on. Lets go get ice cream or something on the way home."

"But..." The greenhaired boy peered at her, "You can't eat ice cream. Ghouls can't eat normal food."

That simple fact made the ghoul's heart ache. It was true, but she was determined to make her friend feel better before they got home. "Myth! I can eat anything that you can eat. Now, come on!"

"Alright, alright!" He let himself get pulled out of the school, stopping only to get his notebook from the small fish pond out front.

The duo spoke little on their way to town; Haru hummed a soft tune, and Izuku listened, almost completely content. If it had been any other girl, he'd be a blushing, stuttering mess, surely. But the two had known each other for many years, and he had time to get used to her constant physical affections. Hell, he even came to enjoy it when he felt her cool hand wrap around his warm hand.

"Haruka," Izuku suddenly started, "would you ever-"

"A good body-"

"Huh?"

"To make the perfect host!"

Suddenly, as they were passing through a little tunnel under a walkway, a large slime thing came out of the sewers. Haruka stared at it with wide eyes- how had her nose not picked up on such a grotesque looking thing? And without thought, she shoved her Quirkless friend out of the way. Activating her kagune, she felt the appendages grow from her shoulders.

"Ukaku!" She heard Izuku whisper from behind her. She felt her eyes roll- he was such a little nerd.

"A ghoul, huh?! I'll dispose of you quickly...or maybe I'll just use you as a host instead!" The slime creature yelled, lunging at her. Both wing-like appendages bent from her shoulders, hardening in order to act like shields to block the light attack that had come her way. And in immediate retaliation, she let a few shards fly from her wings; knowing she had no real way to damage his body, she aimed for his eyes, getting lucky enough to land two shards of her RC cells into one of his eyes.