[}1~ The Beginning{]

"What is your name?" He asks.

"Anya." I reply.

"Last name?" He asks once more.

"I don't know." I respond, lying.

"Backstory?" He walks around, asking once more.

"I was taken at a young age." I respond.

"Where?" He asks again again again again.

"Hydra." I reply.

11 YEARS AGO

I sat down at the table with Mama, Papa, my brother, and my sister. I was two years old at the time.

"Pass the peprica, please." Mama says as Papa grabs to spice and hands it to her.

"Thank you." Mama says.

I finished my plate and got down to play in my room, when just then there was a big boom. Papa ran and grabbed me. We fell in with Mama coming after us. She fell in too.

I blacked out.

PRESENT DAY

I threw a punch at the dummy, then kicked it. My eyes went turquoise and I threw a sonic boom at it. It explodes.

"Nice work, Anya." The boss comments with his hands behind his back.

I get a rag and wipe the sweat off my face.

"Thanks." I say.

"Get ready for the next target." He says. He presses a button to open the door to the cell.

Out comes a man. An actual man. I have never challenged against a human before. It has always been a dummy.

He throws a punch. I dodge it. He kicks. Dodge. I throw a punch at his face. He flies to the ground. He gets back up.

Something stopped him from throwing his last punch. The alarms.

I could hear agents stampering they're feet to the main entrance. I could hear gunshots. Men getting killed. This was serious!

Lightning strikes. More gunshots. People screaming in fear. This could only mean one thing.

The Avengers.

"Anya!" The boss exclaims. "Get upstairs and make yourself useful for once!"

I nod and run upstairs to go fight. I could see killed or passed out soldiers on the ground, everywhere.

Out came a man with a medal arm.

"Traitor." I say recognizing The Winter Soldier.

"Anya." He replies. We start fighting.

He throws a punch. I dodge. I throw a punch. He dodges. He kicks. I dodge. I kick. It effects. He kneels down, holding his now bruised stomach in pain. I kick him down the stairs.

"You're still weak." I say. "Try not to get distracted."

I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and throw a punch. Crap. It's a girl. The red head looks up.

She throws a punch. Dodge. I kick. Dodge. She pulls out a gun. Crap.

I feel an arm around my neck. Someone kicks me in the back. I fall to the ground. They hold me down. Another girl comes up to me.

She kneels down. She lifts her hand up. Red flares come out, but they hesitate to enter my mind. I look up at her. She looked worried.

"Wanda." The red head speaks.

No reply.

"Wanda?" She asks once more.

No reply.

"Wanda!" She says. That got her attention.

"Sorry." She says. Her eyes glow red and she enters the flares into my brain.

I saw the apartment blow up. The expirements. Every tragic memory was flashing in my head. I feel my eyes glow turquoise. I shoot a sonic wave out and everyone goes flying.

I run to the basement. They had it. They had the Aether.

Yes short chapter, I know. Welcome to the book! I really hope you enjoy the book.