Chapter 3: Networks

"Where are you taking us?"

Agent Omega looked around the city that had collapsed in chaos and panic. The car paused at some points due to the unnatural levels of traffic caused by all the commotions.

"The Andersons will now be trying to link up with the other branches across the globe that are reeling from the attacks." Agent Peter explained. "Whatever that...girl from earlier intended to do, we now know that they're not a force to be reckoned with."

"Something worse than the CQUAD.." Casey looked down in horror.
"The HG Garden." Spring nodded.

The girl from earlier had worn a weirdly shaped black mask that covered much of her face, especially her eyes. With blue hair and that large blue scarf with the strapped crossbow on her arm, it's hard to think she's just one of their members.

"This is definitely gonna be lots of coverage," Tiffany said as she looked out the car windows, writing down notes on her journal. She suddenly turned to me. "Wouldn't you agree Richard?"
"I-umm-err..." I stammered.

Casey huffed and crossed her arms, staring away. "You're not leaving much space Tiffany in this seat. Besides, you have to admit my camera could get more coverage than your ambiguous notes."
"If you're trying to claim that your blurry photos-where no one can even tell the difference between a rollercoaster and an alligator's mouth-are way better than the level of detail I place in the words of my journal, then you've clearly got to get your brain checked!" Tiffany spat back.
"Guys..." I got the feeling that this is all about some argument to sway my opinion.

I'm part of Casey's photography club, but what I was really into was journalism. Then enters Tiffany who created the Journalism Club a bit too late, and I have two girls trying to get me into each other's club.
Tiffany's kinda already gotten over the fact that I'm not gonna leave Casey's club anymore after all that we've been through but I could get Casey feels threatened about the possibility of me "changing sides."

Unless I'm reading this all completely wrong in which case forget everything I said.

"You didn't answer my question," Agent Omega said. "Where are we going?"

Agent Peter grinned from the driver seat. "I'm not sure if you'll like the new hideout."
Chloe giggled a bit from her seat. "Oh dear..."

---
Fish Network Headquarters
New York City, U.S.A

"Director, all communication lines have been cut, and we've suffered multiple bombings. All exits have been blocked off, and until rescue arrives we're trapped under here."

Director Axal was the leading member of the Fish Network and in essence, was Agent Omega's counterpart in the Network. Both never really agreed with each other, and long had difficulty working with each other. Nevertheless, the fight with the CQUAD saw the first time both sides fought with each other in a long time.

"Is Project Overlord safe?" The dark haired director looked down at his desk and scanned through several papers.
"Yes Director," The agent replied.
"Then I want all assets to continue with the project."
"But sir.."

Director Axal gave off a heavy sigh and closed his eyes. The agent immediately shut his mouth.
"Right on it, sir." He walked off.

---
Somewhere in the Philippine Republic...

"Woah..this is...new."