Chapter 8: Cases

New York City, Abandoned Network Headquarters

"What happened to this place?"

"Careful, you'll get us seen Marie."

Gamma Lavender and Marie Grillo sneaked their way past outer security who seemed more concerned with the people bringing things out of the ruined base. Tape and security were posted around what used to be the main entrance, but Marie and Gamma kept a safe distance.

"There's a tiny hole over there that we might be able to slip past in." Marie pointed at part of the wreckage.

"Well that's true but if in case you don't realize, the path near it is covered by CIW peacekeepers," Gamma whispered. "I also don't think it's worth dirtying my clothes to get into a wrecked building for nothing."

"Cent is probably inside somehow. We have to get in," Marie said. She lowered her baseball cap and strolled near the path, just far enough from the guards to not attract suspicion.

"Always on the move." Gamma sighed as she stood from the bench and looked around the skies of New York. With skyscrapers surrounding everything everywhere, the building's wreckage stood out like a sore thumb. Other construction crews were trying to get rid of the debris.

Marie nudged Gamma with her shoulder. "I wonder what the Americans think about this."

"Public opinion is mixed." Gamma explained. "Half want the order the Network seemed to enforce and advocate and believe the Garden is overstepping by bombing and destroying places in other countries. The other half want the Detective Groups gone."

"I hope Richard and the others find a way out of this wherever they are." Marie looked down.

"I hope so too." Gamma nodded. "We have a full scale war on our hands."

--
The Philippines, National Bureau of Investigation Headquarters

"Director, you have a visitor."

"Who is it?"

"Agent Omega."

...

"It's an honor to meet you, Agent Omega."
"The same to you, Director."

The director of the NBI and Agent Omega walked down the hallways together of the main headquarters of the NBI.

"And what reason do we have for having the honor of hosting the leader of Omega Control?" The director asked.
Agent Omega continued walking. "You can drop the formalities. I know you aren't happy to see me."

"You assume too much." The director frowned.

"Actually, he's heard about you speaking out against the Network on the TV."

Chloe Deffe followed close from behind.

"Must she really be here?" The director asked in a lower voice.
"I'm here to check on your CQUAD prisoners." Agent Omega ignored him. "You must be proud that the Philippine Government, not the Network or the United Nations gets hold of everything from the CQUAD aftermath."

"Mostly everything." The director remarked.

"You must be talking about the metal." Chloe's eyes narrowed.