Chapter 11: Partial Reunion

"Agent Avery!"

I ran towards the woman who was lying on the cement pavement with several cuts across her uniform and face. She seemed to be half-conscious as her eyelids were drooping.

"Darn, who was he?" Casey said. "He scurried away so quickly."
"We need to get Agent Avery out of here first." Spring hurriedly tried to pull Agent Avery to her feet. "Sorry, but we need to get out of here."

"The...the other...other agents..." Agent Avery mumbled under her breath. She was hit by a massive force of gust and debris when the airship fell.

"Right now you're the more important one to get out." Tiffany grabbed Agent Avery's arm and placed it on her back. "Yana, a little help please."

"On the way!" Yana grabbed the opposite arm and stared at me. "Richard-kun, run ahead to see if it's not broken up already."

Spring nodded. "I'll go with you." She abruptly grabbed my arm and dashed towards the outpost.
--
Philippine Republic, Omega Control Temporary Headquarters

A couple of Omega Agents were fixing and sprucing up the underground lair. The walls were purely made of rock although the rest of the interior was practically furnished enough. Agent Omega without his mask sipped on his daily hot chocolate.

"News is still ongoing concerning the Network's Eastern Storm Airship that made an unprovoked attack against the city of Volgograd earlier this afternoon. Some witnesses say there was even an entire Network naval fleet involved although no sign of these particular fleet that used the Volga River could be seen. The Network's public relations claim that the attack was masterminded by the HG Garden, but so far no proof has been found. Even if this was true, could it be possible that the Network and the Center of International Welfare in general is prone to being a risk to our welfare than otherwise? The story is develo-"

Agent Omega leaned back on his chair and took a deep breath. Squinting his eyes open just a bit, he looked across a few monitors. The Network and the Omega Control had lost. It wouldn't be long before the rest of the world would push them away and the two organizations would collapse into the cesspit of history.

"Something's coming Rian..."

Agent Omega's narrowed his eyebrows. His eyes darted across the room. Turning himself away from the rest of the people inside, he closed his eyes. He leaned down to the floor on his chair.

"I thought we already talked about this Omega."

Referring to the Astral Being that gave him his incredible powers, he was beginning to grow used to the Astral Omega's inactivity in recent weeks. Now that very being was talking to him again.

"Something's gone wrong in the Astral Realm." The voice continued in his head. "Something's coming...but I can't see it yet."

"Then call me when it happens." Annoyed, Agent Omega slammed his cup down and leaned back on his chair.

"Sir?" An agent asked.

"Nothing." Agent Omega closed his eyes again. "Just my imagination."
--
Omega Control Outpost

"Thank...thank you." Agent Avery whispered when a couple of agents started to apply first aid on her.

A hand suddenly landed on my shoulder. I turned to see who it was.
"Richard Solar." Commissioner Frewin's face was as gloomy as usual with his almost permanent frown seeming to be even more somber than usual.