Chapter 5: Overlord

"Excuse me sir, but there's a situation at the Overlord room."

--
Network Headquarters, New York City

Director Axal looked across the table where several other agents, some of them wearing outfits donned by commanders were busy in discussion. Some were arguing with each other while others drew up plans and had been staring at screens that played out the attacks that had just stunned the whole world and started a Detective Group War before the power outage. The topic was all the same with all the commanders.

Screens had been flickering with images of broken down London that had recently been reported to have suffered another airship attack. Eyewitness reports mention strange large 'vines' that came out of nowhere that brought the airship down. Others the images of the CQUAD plane where there were still no confirmed survivors.

Standing from his seat, he whispered to the agent. "Continue with the planning and get our main power back."

Axal swiftly turned and walked out, being guided by the orange lights that lit the hallways. Passing through a few restricted signs, he reached one of the security doors with a keypad next to it.
Sparks flew out of the keypad, and the door was wide open.

"Where is the security..?" He mumbled.

Passing by a few encased gadgets and experiments, he walked further down the hallway. Several tools were secured in different containers with signs describing each one with titles placed up to distinguish them.

Overlord Pike, Data P Chip, 70-V3 Gas, the list went on and on.

He opened a door, revealing a group of researchers with sophisticated looking tools and machines operating on a person clad in a dark uniform from head to toe. A long black cloak from the seemingly unconscious person's back would have dangled if not for the large metal slab that kept him in place. The researchers were in completely white lab uniforms with an odd yellow insignia on their chests. The word 'Overlord' was written below each insignia.

"Director, you're just in time!" A researcher said.
"What's going on?" Director Axal walked towards the group. "The door was broken into, and security is nowhere to be-"

"The power outage ran out just as we managed to finish up the suit," The researcher interjected. "Our readings are still unclear, but we believe subject Jack Leo is waking up."

Director Axal's lips tightened. Jack Leo was plucked for experimentation back when the CQUAD attacked Lazal University because of his intriguing astral readings. Axal had hoped that the Network could make Jack into a weapon to make certain it would stand, even more powerful than the Omega Control.

What the researchers were curious about was on what exactly kind of power Jack Leo had, and how he managed to read positive for astral aura. The Astral Realm was a completely different dimension entirely, and Agent Omega's lighting powers and Richard Solar's blast powers were all thanks to their ties to Astral spirits.

The slab slowly raised, revealing more of Jack Leo's new form. His face was now covered by a black helmet with a few castleton green outlines. Where his eyes should be, one could almost feel like they're staring deep into the abyss.

His head slowly moved up, as if trying to understand his surroundings.

"Where is he..?" His modulated voice started to sound.

"Our new Overlord...can you hear me?" Director Axal tilted his head and leaned in closer.

"Sandra..? Where is Sandra?" Jack Leo turned to Director Axal. "Is she all right?"
The Director took a step back.