Chapter 10

My thoughts are like stars, I can't fathom into constellations

- John Green.

This chapter is dedicated to *drum roll* :')

@Zalfie_Lover0102

Because of her lovely comments and for voting thank you so much! We love you💕

_____________

_____________

Niomi's POV

I feel at peace. After that night I had gone home to Jim's worried interrogation, I told him the truth, we are close so there's no point in lying to him or he'd suss me out anyway. I've been to Connor's house quite frequently in the past three weeks, again I have tried avoiding Marcus completely. I feel ashamed, embarrassed, rejected. Connor is a really sweet boy whose gotten my mind off Marcus and the heartaches that come with him. Connor is such a crazy funny person to be around and I find myself engulfed by his charm.

"Ni!" Connor yelled as I walked into his house.

"Con!" I yelled back just as enthusiastically but laced with sarcastic and mockery.

"So... how've you been?" he asked.

"Good, you literally saw me yesterday, why d'you need to ask?" I laughed.

"No reason." He replied.

I plonked myself on his couch as if it were my own, and we watched 'The Fault In Our Stars' DVD (sorry I had to. The book is amazing)

****

"That was emotional." Connor muttered.

" I know." I laughed wiping the tear that had slipped out. "Hey, I'm going to get some fresh air, okay?" he nodded and I went outside to sit on the porch.

I let the cool air whip my hair around. I really love being outside by myself and having time to myself.

After what feels like an hour I heard a voice yell. "Niomi!" I looked up to see blonde hair whip around as a boy ran towards me.

Marcus, why now?

"What do you want?" I spat with venom, jumping to my feet, I turned around towards the front door, not giving him a chance to respond.

His large warm hand latched onto my forearm and he spun me around. "Wait, Niomi listen. I'm glad i spotted you. I just want to say I know I'm a complete douche, but I swear your not what you said you were, to me. Your much more. I really like you, I do." He muttered gently stoking my cheek. I know what he's doing, he's distracting me and he knows it's working. He moved his face close to me ear and whispered, "I do." His breath fanned my face, making my knees weak. Stop him, Niomi, have some self control. I've got to stop letting him get to my head.

"Stop Marcus." I said firmly, while shoving his chest.

"Niomi are you okay?" I heard Connor say while opening the door.

"Marcus, What brings you here? how did you know where I live?" Connor asked.

"Wait, you know him?" I asked Connor.

"Yeah he was at Vidcon." He replied and slung his arm around my shoulders. 'Oh' was all I could mutter.

Marcus awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and stared down angrily after glancing at Connors arm around me.

"What's up man?" Connor asked.

"You know what leave it, Niomi forget whatever I said, it was a mistake." He seethed and walked away just as quick.