Pure Of Heart by @gofishstories

By gofishstories
Recommended by panpour

What I like about this story is how it immediately draws you in with an action packed scene that'll leave you on the edge of your seat until the very end. I, personally, will immediately put down a story if the first paragraph doesn't draw me in, but this story had me holding my breath when I didn't even notice I was! And that was just the first chapter!

However, the problem with starting a story like that is following it up with just as exciting chapters to keep the reader going. That's hard enough as it is一 albeit easy to execute with experience一 yet the author of this story must like living on the edge because they added in another hard to execute tactic: a diary.

Diaries can be annoying if not done correctly as they usually being the source of piles and piles of unimportant things that are usually irrelevant to the story that the author just wanted to include. 

Lo and behold, the author perfectly executes both tactics within the story. A personal issue that I had with the first diary entry was bunched up together, resulting in just two long paragraphs for me when reading it. But that's most likely because the author wrote the story out on a computer and Wattpad pushes everything closer together to fit the limited space of a phone screen.

The pacing of the story is steady and the chapters aren't too long nor are they ridiculously short. I like the first person narrative, it really helps with the tone of the story and the diary really helps me get a closer feel to Pheobe (the main character) as a person.

The only complaint I have about this story is the cover. It's bit awkward with the green-brown-blue background and the pale and bright pink text. The author's name is barely readable and there's a random Lens Flare that's just been placed there for no reason. I feel like the cover is one of the reason why many people pass over this story. So suggest maybe heading over the GRA Cover Making Service to fix that.

____________
[DETAILS]

SUMMARY

"Dear Diary,

Sometimes, chasing dreams causes people to do some crazy things.

The chase for knowledge can lead to another chase, then another, then another. Sometimes, you just have to know when to give up, or risk losing it all. The end result is sometimes worth it, that is, until you realize you're still missing puzzle pieces.

No matter how fast you run, how clever you are, or how hard you believe in yourself, the finish line will always slip away. It leaves you crushed and beaten; forcing you to go home with your tail between your legs. At least, that's how most people feel. But, I am not most people."

GENRE
Action/adventure

MATURE RATING
N/A

STATUS
Ongoing

LENGTH
Eight chapters

READS
261 (this is excluding the A/N)

VOTES
32 (this is excluding the A/N)

UPDATE SCHEDULE
Once a week

Link:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/107938258-pure-of-heart 

{Posted: 09 April 2018}