⇒d u e x

January 3, 1886

Lyon, France

Collett Manore

-----------------------

Darkness devoured the room, and silence consumed the night.  Ten year old, Y/n Collette slept peacefully in her white silk bed sheets.  Her  h/l  h/c  hair covering her still face.  Adelaide and Elliotte Collette were sound asleep in each others arms, each being comforted by the others warmth.  All was well.

Y/n jolted awake at the sound of glass breaking. She rubbed her eyes, staring out into the darkness sent shivers down her spine.  It was terribly eerie and the glass had came from inside the manor, what was happening?  Footsteps start towards the door,  her heart rate picked up as she pulled the soft, silk covers over her head. 

The door creaked open causing Y/n to hold her breath. "Y/n!  You have to listen to me, okay sweetie?" mother? With wide eyes, she throws the sheets off her head and stares at her parents, "What, why?" the young girl's voice came out small and fearful.  "Please, everything will be alright, all you need to do is get into the closet okay?" her father's voice was laced with sadness, something Y/n had not noticed at the time.

Adelaide shooed her daughter into the wooden wardrobe and shut the door.  She stayed silent, crouched behind the bed with Elliotte and her daughter with her back against the side of the wardrobe and her small s/c hands around her knees.   The footsteps were getting closer and closer, Y/n felt as if there were a pile of rocks laying in the pit of her stomach.  These people were dangerous, they had to be.  Why else would her parents be so frightened, mother said everything would be alright, would it though?

Now there were small murmurs right in front of her bedroom door, Y/n felt all her anxieties coil around her, invading her space.  All she could hear inside the room was the shallow intakes of breath that belonged to both of her parents. 

Eventually, the door is slammed open and to Y/n everything seems to be going in slow motion.  The screams, the cries, the banging, and last breaths all seem to be a blur.  From the crack in the door Y/n can see her mother with a crimson line carved into her throat, dripping blood.  Her father with a blade, reflecting the moonlight, piercing his abdomen.  She lets out gasp, tears clouding her vision.  Hearing footsteps approaching she quickly realizes her mistake.  She tells herself to accept the fact that this is the end, she'll never be head of the manor, get married, have children, today is the day of the untimely deaths of the Collette's.  This is an extremely hard task however, because the truth is, Y/n does not want to die.

The closet door is opened making Y/n go completely still in shock, fear, and utter sadness.  A large, terrifying man is revealed. Hitting her in the head, she falls to her side and her vision goes completely black.

Nothing could get worse than this, could it?

---------------------------------------------------------

512 words

Vote and comment :)

Thanks for reading!!