Chapter 19: Meet The Parents

JOCELYN'S POV

*One Week Later*

Ronnie tapped on the steering wheel as we pulled onto Ryan and Bev's street.

"Ronnie, you'll be fine." I said.

"I know, I'm just kind of freaking out." He said, pulling into their driveway. He turned off the car and didn't move.

"Come on Ronnie, let's go." I said, unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out of the car.

"I don't know if I can Joce."

"Why not?"

"What if they don't like me. What if they forbid me to see you? I don't want to live a life without you."

"If they don't like you, then fuck them. I'm a grown woman and I can make my own choices. And my choice in this moment is that I choose you. If someone has a problem with that then that's too bad for them because I love you and I'm not going to let anyone push me around. Now get out of the damn car and let's go inside."

"I love you too Joce." He smiled. He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car, walking up to the door with me. I knocked on the door and Bev opened the door, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey, mom and dad aren't here yet, right?"

"Nope."

"Good, Ronnie's freaking out." I whispered as we walked into the house. Ronnie wore a long sleeved black shirt that stopped at his wrists, trying to cover as much of his tattoos as possible. He was obsessing over the fact that he couldn't cover the tattoos on his hands, neck and face.

"Just sit down and relax. Do you want some water?" I asked him and he nodded. I went into the kitchen and got Ronnie a glass of water, handing it to him.

"Thanks." He said, taking the glass into his shaking hand and slowly drinking the water. We all sat in the living room for five minutes before there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Bev said getting up. Ronnie put his water glass down and started to tap his foot.

"Relax." I said, putting my hand on his knee and kissing his cheek.

"Jocelyn!" My mom exclaimed.

"Hi mom, hi dad." I said, getting up and walking over to them, hugging them.

"We haven't seen you in so long!" My mom exclaimed.

"I know, I missed you guys." I said, going back to where I was sitting. Bev and Ryan sat on the same couch as us while our parents sat on the other one.

"So, Beverly, is this the boy you were telling me about?" My mom asked.

"Yes, this is my boyfriend, Ryan." Beverly said with a smile.

"Ryan Seaman, nice to meet you." Ryan said, shaking their hands.

"How long have you guys been dating?" My mom asked.

"A few months." Bev said.

"So, Ryan, Beverly tells us you're in a rock band?"'

"Yes sir, a very successful one." Ryan said with a proud smile. They asked him a few more questions before moving onto me.

"So Jocelyn, who is this?" My mom asked. I looked up at Ronnie, waiting for him to speak. He quickly glared at me before taking a deep breath.

"Hi, I'm Ronnie Radke, Jocelyn's byofriend." Ronnie said, shaking their hands.

"How long have you guys been dating?" My mom asked.

"About a month." I said and Ronnie nodded. "Do you guys remember when I would complain about the lead singer of Beverly's favorite band? I would complain that he's a good for nothing, drug addict who should've stayed in jail where he belongs? Well this is him."

"Oh, so you've been to jail." My dad said and Ronnie's eyes went wide.

"Yeah, I was sentenced for five years but only served two and got out on probation. That was back in like 2008. I had a bad childhood, I had a drug addiction but I've been sober for like six years and everything that happened is in the past. I'm a very successful band and have a beautiful girlfriend." Ronnie smiled, kissing the top of my head.

We all talked for a bit longer before my parents went back to their hotel to change and get ready for dinner.

"See that wasn't so bad." Bev said to Ronnie and Ryan as she closed the door.

"My heart is still racing." Ronnie said.

"You did fine, they love you, and so do I." I smiled, kisisng his lips. "Anyway, we should go get ready, we'll meet you at the restraunt?"

"Yeah, see ya." Ryan and Bev said as we walked out to our car.

*******************************************************************************************

I NEED IDEAS

Listening to Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not~ Thompson Sqaure

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER