Chapter One

AN: Second story! And the title is based off Cher Lloyd's song Beautiful People with Carolina Liar. Read, vote, comment, the usual shiz. (:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One:

"Hey, Kelsey! Still got your head in a book, I see? Nerd." I sigh and look up to the boy who makes my life a living hell. Everyday. The most popular boy in school. The one all the girls throw themselves at. The one and only Harry Styles.

"What do you want, Styles?"

"Oh you know. Just the usual." He smirked at me. I roll my eyes.

"Well, can you please go to your seat? Class is about to start. Go."

"Oh, did Mr. Moore not tell you?"

"What?"

"Me and you are seat buddies now." He gave me an evil smile and sat in the seat next to me.

"What the actual hell?"

"Miss Pierce! Watch your language!" Mr. Moore yelled. Harry smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Sir, why did you move Harry next to me? You know we hate each other!"

Mr. Moore sighed and said, "That's why I moved him. So, hopefully, you can work together. And you know your grades are slipping in this class. And Mr. Styles here is at the top of the class."

"Really?! And you know science is not my subject!"

"Miss Pierce, I think you can handle a week of school sitting next to Harry. And, Harry, you are going to help her, no questions, no buts, no nothing. You will help her bring her grade up for the end of the semester. I know it's only a week, but hopefully, Mr. Styles will help you. You will have a test Friday, and whatever grade you get is what goes down on your report. Use these five days wisely, Miss Pierce."

"Yes, sir," I said at the same time Harry yelled, "Why me?!"

"Good. And, Harry you are at the top of the class, that's why." Harry rolled his eyes and muttered a 'whatever.' "Now, you two will stay after school and Harry you will tutor her."

"But, I have to get home! Right after school!"

"Whatever you have to do can wait, Miss Pierce." I roll my eyes. Again.

"Ugh. Fine. I'll call my parents after school."

"Good," he said then walked to the front of the classroom and told us all to get our textbooks out.

"Look, Pierce. I hate this as much as you do. Let's just get it over with. I'm only tutoring you for a half hour, got it?"

"Whatever, Styles." I say and face the the teacher. All of a sudden, my chair is pulled backwards, and because of the shock, I fall out of my chair. Everybody looks then starts laughing. I glare at Harry who is covering his mouth trying to stop laughing. I look around and everybody is staring at me and Mr. Moore is trying to get the class under control. I grab my stuff and run out of the classroom. Shutting the door, I could still hear them laughing and Mr. Moore yelling at them to shut up. I walk into the bathroom and decide to call my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mom."

"Kelsey Pierce! Shouldn't you be in class?"

"We're having a free period," I lie.

"Oh, okay. What do you want?"

"Uh, Mr. Moore is making me stay after school so Harry can tutor me. It'll be a half hour."