I love you

Aurora tried hard to concentrate on the task at hand, she was treating a large cut on a young woman's leg. But her mind kept going back to Mark, would he be okay? Fear bubbled in her stomach to the point she thought she would vomit, after finishing the stitches, she left her nurse to wipe down and finish up as she ran back to see the next patient.

~~~~~~~~
Eight hour time skip

All survivors from the collapse had been cared for and now were mostly okay. Aurora sat in Mark's room holding his hand, he had a broken leg, several deep lacerations, and some minor internal bleeding. He got the cuts saving some people. She gently stroked his hair as he looked at her in pain. "I just thought you should know that I'm in love with you." He declared. Aurora just smiled, those pain killers must be doing a number on him. Her heart twinged with pain and she knew deep down that he would never love her like she loved him. "I've loved you since that party, three years ago." He mumbled as he turned to glance out the window. "That's nice Mark, maybe you should take a nap." Aurora soothed, but she was shocked when he turned to her and there were tears pouring down his cheeks. "You never felt the same and it hurts." The dirty blonde whimpered. Aurora was speechless as her best friend of ten years completely broke in front of her. "Mark, Mark, look at me. I love you too. Okay, I have fallen for you, but I thought you would never feel the same."She gently reached her hand out and used her thumb to wipe some tears off his cheek. "Really?" He hiccuped, and Aurora could only smile and nod. She gently smoothed the blankets over him and stood up, leaning forward she kissed his forehead and whispered "Sleep now, I'll be back."

Mark was able to leave the hospital after three days. Aurora wouldn't let him stay at his place all alone, so she took him in and gave him the guest bedroom. He was sleeping in and she was out at the barn working with Dean. The horse trotted around her in circles, his head low and an occasional snort came from him. The saddle and bridle hung on the fence and soon enough would hopefully be on his back. She knew he had most likely worn one before judging from the white scars on his shoulders, that and he was an expensive looking horse, surely someone hadn't treated him nicely. With a small smile she called the gelding into her and gently grabbed his black halter. Once he was calmly standing in the middle, she gently placed the saddle blanket on his back. He turned his head slightly and poked it but stood still. After a few moments of gently wiggling it, she slowly lifted the saddle onto him. He jumped a little and turned wide eyed but didn't do much else. With a grin she patted his shoulder and took the saddle off. She went to place it back on the fence when suddenly something knocked her in the back. Turning around she saw that Dean and pulled the blanket off his back and hit her with it. She chuckled and took it from his mouth. "Alright silly,"

Aurora had a riding lesson, so she was busy grooming Watson when she heard arguing coming from the main office. After she had tacked up the horse, Kaitlin came out and gave her a small smile. "That was Watson's owner. She wants to sell him, because he isn't fast enough for her anymore. I keep telling her that I don't think she is ready for something faster, but she doesn't listen."

"So, Watson is for sale?" Aurora asked curiously, as she patted the grey gelding. "Yep. Lauren want's him gone so she is only asking for $200 dollars."

Aurora was shocked at how cheap the amazing horse was going for. "You are in charge of the sale right?" She asked Kaitlin. Turning her body away from Watson, she focused on the blonde trainer. 

"Yeah, why? Are you gonna buy him?" Kaitlin gasped, then she smiled. "Oh, he would be so happy to live with you! He is always so excited when you are coming to ride hi..." Aurora cut her off,

"I am thinking about it. I think Dean needs a friend. But lets get on with the lesson."

Aurora listened as Kaitlin told her to relax and trust Watson to carry her around the barrels. He was an honest horse and loved to run. So she sat deep and turned him to face the opposite of the barrels. Then they spun and he galloped forwards like something was chasing him. They spun around the first and dodged the second before twirling the third and heading home like a bat out of hell. She pulled him up and sat down as he slowed to a walk.

Patting his neck she let him walk on loose rein as she listened to Kaitlins feedback. "Watch your turn on the second. He kinda wobbled. Did you feel that?"

Aurora nodded and used her leg to get the gelding to turn towards the second barrel and walk around it slowly.

After he was cooled down she hopped off and led him back to the cross ties. Then out to pasture so he could play with his horsey pals. She felt Kaitlin put her hand on her shoulder and slightly flinched.

"He's a great horse." Kat said and Aurora couldnt help but agree. It was true. He was a fantastic school master and had such a great personality. With a pat Kat turned to go but Aurora stopped her.

"Will you take a check?"