I rounded the corner, on my way back from school. Was my book there?

I walked until the cats fence came into view, and like always, there they were. There yellow eyes glittered in the sun, and they watched me calmly, eyes following my ever step. The grass came into view, and it didn't shock me to much to see the book gone, the grass just the tiniest bit smashed. There were no foot prints leading to the house, who had moved the book?

I quickened my pace, but not before noticing that the cat that blinked was also gone. I kept my head down, not wanting to see any cat again. I stopped in my tracks.

There was a cat on the sidewalk, staring up at me. I stood there, jaw dropped, watching the cat sitting right in front of me, blocking my path down the side walk. It didn't move, and no cat came to "put it in its place."

I met it eye, and was again surprised, the cat had eyes like no other. They were green, while every single other one, had yellow. Suddenly, it lifted it's tail, and as the leader commanded, the cats turned their gaze to the house, and as one, they walked towards it.

I imaged it was a colony of ants returning home, it truly was bone chilling to see them all walk to the house at once. They disappeared into the shadows, as their black tails were swallowed, the green eyed cat stood on all fours. It's tail flicked back, and then forth, and then it jumped onto the fence. The grace it held was astonishing, it lifted it's tail and head with confidence, and then it jumped out of site.

I had never seen that before, them moving as one to their house. They had never moved, never blinked, they had only ever shifted their eyes as I walked down that lonely sidewalk.

What was going on?