The green eyed cat was not anywhere the next morning, nothing interesting happened, and I walked steadily. And like always the cats had sleek, clean fur, yellow irises and dark slits. As one, they blinked and regained focus on me. I shivered, not because of the morning chill.

A strange feeling crawled it's way into my stomach, and for the first time it felt like something was rising. As if this was leading up to some thing, a foreshadowing I haven't felt before. The foreign feeling relaxed, and became a dulled sensation that stayed through my day at school and my walk home, nothing unordinary today.

Across the street, sat another house, with a for sell sign. A white fence surrounded it and the house it self was white, opposite of the cat infested one. Trees blocked the sides, and no one could see into this section of the neighborhood. It seemed avoided, I never saw any cars or people. The houses on either side didn't even seem to see this place.

After the sidewalk past the cat house, I turned right and after another long sidewalk I turned left and after another 3 minutes of walking my school would come into view. I meet my friend, Naya, in the parking lot everyday and we go to school. She lives close to the school, not past the cat house like me, Naya only lives a block away from it.

I never told Naya about the cats, as a junior it would be silly. Maybe one day, I would take her down that road and see if she saw the cats. I didn't notice I passed them as I made my way home that same day, my mom and dad met me at the door and smiled. Without much interaction, I went into my room and studied and did my homework, my mind darting to the house before I snapped it back again.

I sighed as I lay in bed that night, dreading the walk to school as the sensation grew, getting bigger that night. Something would happen soon.