Ch.III Love Struck Gal

Drinking a cup of coffee in a popular restaurant in broad daylight.

Blond hairs. Heavy make ups. Looks suspicious like a criminal. Darting her green eyes around as if searching for preys.

She's scouting around for troublesome fans or meddling reporters. Always sit near exit so she could leave a.s.a.p

Life as a big actress is tough.

Travis smiles while asking, "Refill, ma'am?" "No. Had enough caffeine already. Something to eat." "We got excellent scones. "

"I'll take some," replies Scarlet. Travis winks to her before he takes another customer's order.

Travis is sure popular. Dorothy Restaurant got more crowded since they hired him. A handsome guy with a polite butler like style.

This restaurant supports "New Women" (women dining out, alone).

People have tendencies to label a single woman eating out alone as a whore.

Tea rooms in London shops help hungry female shoppers to dine out without getting labeled as whores.

Special dining room for females are provided for nourishments during shopping spree.

Other popular option for women dining out is Dorothy restaurant. It has many loyal female customers since it operated for business.

And employing many handsome waiters mean more business for the restaurant.

Scarlet stares the women at a nearby table with disgusted looks.

(Those women kept ordering foods from him. Asking a lot of usual questions. Marital status. His address. Blah, blah, blah. Using their fans and eyes to signal their interest on him. Ugh! I hate them!)

Barb is sitting next to Scarlet. And she says, "He's hot! Now I know why you're a regular here. You think he's up for hire?" "He is no gigolo," says her coldly.

(No! He's mine! Stay away from him, morons!)

Wished she could scream it loudly to them.

Barb never apologies to Scarlet for dragging her to orgy party.

Scarlet protested angrily the first time they met after that horrible night.

That day, Barb said casually, "You would have loved it. A whale of fun time with awesome guys. And they paid generously. See this golden necklace? And these fabulous pairs of diamond earrings? EASY MONEY! "

"No thanks, Barb. I love hard earned money best."

The brainless actress is hard to get rid of. After the rehearsal was over, she stuck to her like a leech. Following her everywhere.

(Can't go home tonight. Barb would know where I live. And if she knew about Travis, the gossip newspapers would print it...)

She's late.

Travis is walking back and forth. Didn't say anything in the restaurant earlier. Maybe she got hooked up with another guy. His blood boils when he thinks it.

(No, she isn't that kind of woman. Maybe she got into troubles again. I have to find her...)

Travis goes out and locks the door. To theatre. Not much money left in his pocket. He'll just walk.

Dark in the house. Scarlet lights some candles.

(No sign of Travis anywhere. His shifts end hours ago. Did he seek another woman? They're just friends. No reason to get jealous... )