I love you (Song one-shot)

Your on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset. She's going off about something that you said and she doesn't get your humor like I do.
"I know...I know!" Thomas said into the phone. He brought the phone down. I looked at him and smiled sympathetically.
"Brenda again?" I asked. He nodded and buried his head in his hands. I put my arm around him and comforted him.

***

I'm listening to that kind of music she doesn't like. She'll never know your story like I do.
I put my earphones in and played my favorite song. I went to my messages and texted Thomas.
Teresa: Hey.
Thomas: Hi.
Teresa: Are you okay?
Thomas: Yeah. You know Brenda, she doesn't like me hanging out with you.
Teresa: Then why do you?
Thomas: what?
Teresa: Then why do you hang out with me still?
Thomas: I'd never abandon my best friend.
Teresa: Oh.
Thomas: Sorry, I've got to go. Brenda's calling me.
Teresa: I'll see you tomorrow I guess.
I flopped back onto my bed. 'Why can't he just notice I'm the one for him.' I thought.

***

She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up and find that what your looking for has been here the whole time.

"Go Thomas!" I cheered from the bleachers. He was the star quarterback on the football team. He turned my way and gave a small wave.
My eyes trailed down to the cheerleaders and I saw Brenda. She looked like she was flirting with another guy, not even paying attention to Thomas. I rolled my eyes and kept watching the game. The game was almost over. The score was 28-28 a tied game. The play started. Thomas threw the ball to the wide-receiver. He ran dodging players left and right. He almost made it to the end-zone when he got tackled. Everybody in the stands stood-up and let out a gasp. Newt and Minho, my other best friends, were stood next to me. We watched in anticipation. He had made it in the end-zone. He held the ball up and we cheered loudly. I went down to congratulate Thomas. I reached him and engulfed him in a hug, despite him being sweaty. He hugged back and laughed. I pulled away and smiled at him.
"You did great out there!"
"Thanks, 'Reese!" He thanked me. His expression then dropped when he looked behind me. I turned around and there was Brenda. Flirting with another guy on the football team.
"Brenda," He said breathily. She turned around and went up to Thomas. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him.
I stepped away and looked down.
"You were amazing, babe," I heard Brenda say. I looked up again and saw Thomas push Brenda off of him.
"Yeah, I bet you were watching the whole thing," He said sarcastically. Brenda looked at him with a confused expression.
"I promised I'd walk Teresa home. Bye Brenda," Thomas walked toward me and grabbed my hand. He pulled me away from the field and we walked away.

***

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeans. I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be. Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself, 'hey isn't this easy.'

"That was one time!" Thomas laughed.
"Mmhm I'm pretty sure you've done it more than once," I laughed back.
"What about you? I've never caught you doing something embarrassing. Even though we've known each other forever," He said, eyeing me suspiciously.
"That's because I've never done anything embarrassing," I stated.
"Really?"
"Yup."
"That means your perfect."
"Nobody's perfect," I said with a slight laugh.
"Except you," Thomas said. "I've kinda known it since I met you."
We sat down on a bench. "So what are your plans for today?"
"You know, the usual. Taking care of my little brother while my dad goes to work tonight," I answered. "What about you?"
"Trying to find a way to break up with Brenda," He said bluntly. "I think I'm going to just focus on football for right now." I nodded.
"That sounds good," I said.
"Well, I've got to go and break up with Brenda." He said standing up. I stood up for a moment and he hugged me. My arms lingered around his frame a little longer than usual. He started to walk away and I sat back down.
I sat there for a moment and thought 'hey isn't this easy.'

***

My phone buzzed and I picked it up.
Thomas: Are you going tonight?
Teresa: No, studying.
Thomas: I wish you were.
I didn't answer back. Ever since he broke up with Brenda, he had been focusing a lot more on football. He was going to prom with some friends.
I sat there for a moment and thought. I got up and walked over to my closet. I pulled out a dress and looked at it.

***
Thomas POV

I was laughing at a joke my friend had said when all of a sudden the room went quiet. I looked around the room and my eyes landed at the door.
There was Teresa standing there looking beautiful as always. Her hair was in loose curls and she was wearing a long white dress. She looked like an angel.
She was looking around until her eyes met mine. I slowly started to walk up to her. We just stayed in each others gaze.
"You look beautiful," I said. She blushed and smiled.
"Thank you," she said in a slight whisper. We were lost in our own world and didn't notice the dozens of people staring.
My eyes flickered to her lips and I slowly started to lean in.
"I guess you finally found the one," Teresa whispered softly.
"Just shut up and let me kiss you," I laughed. Our lips met and we shared a short passionate kiss. A bunch of wolf-whistles could be heard from around us. I was just happy I was here with the love of my life.
"I love you."
"I love you too, Tom."